1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wallets

Discussion in 'General' started by enterobsidian, 6 Aug 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Did this turn into an EDC thread yet? No? It might be about to...

Front left pocket: iPhone 3GS

Front right pocket: Change & car keys (car key, 3x small 4, 8, 16GB memory sticks on titanium dogclips & a gate key). I never carry my large "door key" bunch in trouser pockets because it's too bulky. The gate key is for the industrial estate. Also keep an EDC sized flashlight clipped to my front right pocket at all times. It's always a 1xAA or a 1xCR123A sized light. Most carried are my Bitz Pocket titanium, Nitecore D10 R2, Nitecore EX10 R2 and a Nitecore Extreme GDP. Those are in order of carry time per month from most to least.

Rear left pocket: Glasses in their case or just the case if I'm wearing them and walking around.

Rear right pocket: Wallet. Leather, black, Emporio Armani (see page 1).

And if I'm wearing work clothing:

Left leg pockets: Leatherman multitool in the small outer pocket, larger bunch of door keys and whatever tool I'm using most often if on site - screwdrivers, pliers, snips, strippers, crimpers etc.

Right leg pocket: A larger flashlight (1x18650/1x17670/2xCR123A size). For work, 9 times out of 10 it's my Fenix TK11, although lately I have been favouring my custom built Surefire G2 with a Malkoff warm white emitter and some Oveready extras on the head because it's lighter and has a nice warm white beam, much less harsh on the eyes than the Fenix :thumb:

If this needs to be split off and put into a different thread called the EDC thread, mods can do so :)

Last edited: 10 Aug 2012
  2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Why do I get the feeling that we've had an EDC thread before? Hm, oh well! The posting urge is kicking in! Currently what I've been carrying is:

Work week carry:
    -Right front pocket: Keys, any change that may be on hand (Key ring contains front and back door home keys, parent's house key, work office key, work desk drawer key, car key, Subaru keychain, anime figure keychain). As a note, the Subaru keychain is used to "index" my keys, it's easy to distinguish and I can tell the order of keys on either side of it. The anime figure is a small figure on a chain which is easy to grab and pull the keys out of my pocket with. I'll look into getting a photo later.
    -Left front pocket: Phone (Galaxy Nexus)
    -Right rear pocket: Wallet (Pictured earlier)
    -Left rear pocket: Notebook (3"x5" 80 page college ruled). I leave this at the office and only carry it when actually working as it may have sensitive notes.
    -Left shirt pocket: Any required badges or passes for where I'll be, and a pen or two. The badges are on a lanyard, but rest in the pocket.

Weekend (or general off work):
    -Add a folding knife to the front right pocket (Byrd Meadowlard).
    -Swap in different notebook (same size, but for personal notes) with small pencil in rear left.
    -Small backpack containing: Sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle (Nalgene 1L), bandana, compass, small snack such as a granola bar. The backpack is an REI Flash 18, it has a sternum strap with integrated whistle and a waist strap. There are typically a couple straps or caribiners attached to it.

I really like the backpack. It's a great way to keep your pocket clutter down and allows you to carry large things which would otherwise be impractical. The water bottle and snacks in particular are great to have around, particularly on a day trip. One thing I've been planning to add, though, is a cell phone charger. For its size and weight I'm noticing that it would be worth it to carry, particularly one with both USB and mains plugs. Both options are readily available in most urban areas so it'll likely be added for my next day trip. The Galaxy Nexus is very capable, and awesome in 4G areas, but has a hard time lasting all day.

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Hmm. When I work:

Front left: Iphone 3GS (soon to be 4S, hey they were cheap don't hate :D)
    Front Right: Keys and wallet, it depends where I am. And a pen.
    Back right: Wallet (when I have those velcro pockets... What? Shorts are comfy.

When I'm going out. It's the same arrangement except I might throw in a lighter in the front right. Also, my wallet goes in my jacket pocket (as does my phone) whenever i'm wearing a nice coat or soemthing.

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I hate the phrase "everyday carry".

5. Unicorn

Why? :confused:

The concept of EDC has got a thriving community behind it, and for people like me, it's an essential part of day to day life.

6. longweight

It's just a horrible, weird phrase. The only thing worse is referring to something as your "daily driver".

A thriving community behind what you carry everyday? How can that be an essential part of your life?

Last edited: 10 Aug 2012
  7. Unicorn

But lots of people do have a "daily driver" and a weekend car :( Give it a while and I'll have a DD and a weekender :/ It makes more sense than calling them "the car that I drive most often" and "my 'other' car".

Yes, a thriving community behind what sort of gadgets lots of people carry every day. Candlepowerforums is it for flashlights, EDCForums is pretty general, there's BritishBlades primarily for knives, but they have flashlight sections as well... It's essential because I never leave the house without some of the stuff that I have come to rely on every day, and I wouldn't have discovered said "stuff" without the afforementioned community.

8. longweight

No I meant in the American sense of, this pen is my daily driver. Ergh.

I understand a love of gadgets, I spend loads of time researching everything that I use on a daily basis and I think that the community is a good thing. Saying everyday carry is not.

9. Unicorn

Oh, that. Hmm. I cringed :/

M'eh... It's something I've become accustomed to through years of membership of forums like CPF, I'm ok with it :p

10. longweight

God damn Americanisms.

11. Unicorn

Fix'd... :rolleyes:

12. longweight

Not true, my statement is correct in this context :)

13. Unicorn

In this context, yes of course. In my mind though, my correction applies to all butchering of the English language by "them" that comes up in conversation >.< Can't help it, it's in my programming or something :(

14. longweight

It's American in my mind, not English.

15. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I play golf with my epic pens. :D

In all seriousness, who the hell does that? Daily Driver is for cars. Everyday Carry? Sounds like DOTA term.

EDC i thought meant electric daisy carnival. But I'm weird.

16. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

17. longweight

Wow! Do you have one?

18. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

I've ordered the Luxe6. I like the choice of hard wearing (recyclable) materials and the design.

No room for small change though. But I've got a small separate purse for that or I'll throw it in some random pocket. And they're a tad bit expensive. (but if they're "indestructible" who cares? I burn trough a leather wallet in 1.5-2 years which costs a lot more eventually)

19. longweight

I really want one but I have no reason to replace my current wallet :(

20. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

Stab it violently with a random sharp object. It might help a bit for your reasoning (and stress relieve). ;)