1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

See you there. :thumb:

2. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Psycho's fine. Thank goodness.

3. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Don't know what we have tickets to go and see at the moment but its going to be amazing whatever it is :) what you going to watch?

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Train tickets to France all booked, Paid for and received, October can't come soon enough.
    All i need now is a new Laptop, and a Camera.

Sam

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Yaaaaay! :D

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Good news :thumb:

I repaired 3 iPhone 3GSs today. One was for a friend and she was delighted that I'd got her trashed, waterlogged old phone working again! She sold it to one of her mates a few weeks ago and it'd broken shortly after, so I was called upon to breathe life back into it. Needed a new back cover as well as a battery and a thorough dry out, but I just stuck the cracks in the back cover and frame with some CA glue, because her friend didn't want to spend much on it. The other two refurbs went without a hitch as well, one is going back to the owner in the morning and the one that I built entirely from spares is going on Ebay at the start of the week :thumb:

I just mowed our lawns and got a grand total of one hopper of grass off the whole lot. I'm absolutely amazed... I haven't cut them in two weeks and I expected there to be much more on them. It even looked like they'd grown quite a bit since I last did them, but it seems that the weather hasn't been good for growing recently. Although our potted plants and baskets are pretty much thriving :confused: Anyway, what's usually over an hour and a half of work took a hair under one hour this evening. Win :)

A couple of hours testing at the bench today has me thinking that I'm one £0.95 part away from repairing a £350 2.4GHz TX that I got gifted to me by a kind member of another forum. It was out of warranty when it developed the fault, so he boxed it and bought a brand new TX/RX set from another manufacturer. When he heard that I was an EE after I joined their forum, he offered to send it to me FoC to see if I could fix it. Either way, it was mine to keep and do what I wanted with, he said. It appears to only need a single voltage regulator - and a good clean. I ordered the v-regs today and took the electronics out of the casing to give it a wash. Come Monday afternoon, I should have a nice, like new 2.4GHz radio to put my new Heli on temporarily :D

I'm still on the prowl for a good deal on a 6ch Spektrum because I'm moving all my models over to DSM2 from the FM or basic 2.4GHz systems that they're on at the moment.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

despite the heat being torturous ive a fan in my face and im happily sitting in photoshop atm.

feels good man.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My cousin is throwing discus for Ireland in the F57 class on the evening of Tuesday 4th September.
    Her dad says half the village is turning our for her.

She came 5th in Beijing when she was 16, and earlier this year won gold at the IPC European Athletics Championships. :rock:

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

New tires fitted yesterday, drive home felt as if the balancing was out. Took it back this morning to get it sorted, was told "oh its just new tires on these roads" hmmm stop BS'ing me and check the balance.

15g out on the front NS and 30g out on the rear OS

SMUG FEELING +1

Car now floats along as it should, also ordered EBC brake kit this morning. SUPER SMUG FEELING +2 (two sides to upgrade)

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Week-long holiday in Sri Lanka. Bliss.

11. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

Got a test drive in a car I'm thinking of buying in the nearish future. Was very impressed with it and can't wait to get one now. Plus my date from last week is coming over for pizza and dvds this evening :D

12. Ataraxia

Ataraxia <b>OOH BABY!!!</b>

Just installed these badboys in the front room of my new house

[​IMG]

13. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

in just under 3 weeks i will be rocking it out in an all inclusive resort in turkey for 2 weeks!

Unlimited chilled alcohol, sun, pools and good food

What also makes this awesome is i tan SUPER EASY! i rarely ever burn its crazy its been a long time since a holiday abroad i really need it

15. Blazza181

Stayed up from 5am to watch the meteor shower. Didn't see any meteors, but glad to have tried. :D

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I tried that, but as soon as it was dark enough, clouds rolled in and blocked everything.

17. Blazza181

By 5am, it was slightly too bright, but I clung on to hope. Still, a pleasant morning lying in my front garden, using a sleeping bag as a pillow.

18. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I saw a few. One of them was awesome. I was out in the middle of a field trying to get photos of them lol, but unfortunatly cloud cover took over the sky and sent me home.

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

you guys had cloud, i had FOG! its f'ing august and here in the fenland fog rolled in! I just give up! lol!

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Bank balance is awesome only has to last 2 weeks before i go away

Everything seems to be working again hoping my brainwavz will hold out for 2 more days or so till my new ones come

And i might be starting Taekwondo with my brother, he did it years ago and got pretty high he wants to start again which would do my fitness the world of good.