1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dark Souls PC Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 15 Aug 2012.

1. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

I was going to comment saying the lack of no score bothers me. Then I realized it was a preview. "Face palm"
    :D

2. Flexible_Lorry

Flexible_Lorry What's a Dremel?

Was looking forward to this, and was considering pre-order... but I do not want to play with a controller (can't cope - personal preference), so if not optimised for PC hardware and mouse/keyboard.. not interested. The controls thing is what really does it in because after-release optimisations may fix framerate issues; but controls are usually a done deal.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Have you played Assassin's Creed on PC?

I ask because the series of games are fundamentally similar in controls on console. Third person camera, press buttons to make your character do stuff. It seems safe to assume that it'll handle roughly the same as Assassin's Creed on PC.

4. Flexible_Lorry

Flexible_Lorry What's a Dremel?

[/QUOTE]Have you played Assassin's Creed on PC?

I ask because the series of games are fundamentally similar in controls on console. Third person camera, press buttons to make your character do stuff. It seems safe to assume that it'll handle roughly the same as Assassin's Creed on PC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I used keyboard and mouse.. but as you say it was OK.

Anyway I'll wait for full reviews because I really do want to play this game.

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

It would be no great travesty to plug in an Xbox controller to play no? I use a 360 controller for Fifa and wouldn't dream of attempting play with a kyeboard and mouse. Different style of game I know - but clearly designed with controller in mind.

6. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

The one thing about the controls on a mouse and keyboard I would want to know about is walking. Can you do it? Is it toggle walk or do you have to hold down a button? There's a few really dangerous areas of the game I've dubbed "tight-rope sections" where if your not able to walk in a calm straight line you will probably fall to your death. Namely one giant painting room in Anor Londo comes to mind. If you can't do that on a mouse and keyboard, you'd be forced to play with a controller IMO.

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

That's a very good point! I can only hope they've added in a "walk" button, imagine Blightown without being able to move slowly! I do reckon all the speeds in between "dead slow" and "usual jog speed" will be lost though, there's simply no K+M option for controlling variable walking speeds.

Who'd have thought it, but it really does show how limited Keyboard and Mouse can be!

8. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Its a shocker.. I bought this on the strength of this review.. I have got about an hour into it, Having to use the xbox controller .. (first moan) .. its shocking ! .. The limited attack moves, the poor quality of movement available .. just no .. NO NO NO ...that disappointed I turned it off and started FO3 NV again

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

This was a preview, not a review - and one that clearly points to numerous technical issues too..

Tags: Add Tags