1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Good HSF smaller than AF i30

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by battles_atlas, 17 Aug 2012.

1. battles_atlas

battles_atlas What's a Dremel?

Hi, I'm building a new 1155 system in my old Antec 182 case. I was going to get the Artic Freezer i30 to cool the CPU but at 161mm high its right on the edge of being fittable. Can anyone recommend a good cooler of similar price that's smaller? I'll not being too anything too extreme overclocking wise, so want a quiet fan as much as a good cooler.

Edit: I measure it to be approx 170mm from the mobo surface to the edge of the case, but obviously the CPU doesn't sit flush with it, so probably 160mm is the limit.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2012
  2. battles_atlas

battles_atlas What's a Dremel?

Ok I did some more research and looks like the AF 13 is the best option. Seems default hight for HSFs is 160mm annoyingly, AF13 is one of very few smaller than that. Wont order for a couple of days though so if anyone does have better ideas, or has managed to fit a big HSF in an p182 then please let me know. Cheers.

3. freeclout

freeclout What's a Dremel?

I have the gelid tranquillo rev 2 which at 153mm should give a little headroom. Seems to work well for me and comes well recommended as a cheaper option. I seem to remember picking this as being one of the lower coolers around so I could be sure it would fit in my R3.