1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

The Keith Lemon Movie.

4/10 - Go and watch it to see Kelly Brook in a bikini and that's about it. Rest of it was horrific.

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Pretty much sums up my experience....but I came away loving it!
    It's all my favorite action stars in 1 film, corny 1 liners and ridiculous violence.

When the mrs says she wants an easy to watch film that needs no brain power, it's this! (of the first)

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Doctor Who Season 6
    6/10
    Right off the bat - this is not the "purist's season 6"... this is 2011 season 6, Matt Smith (IIRC) as the Doctor.
    Overarching story was a bit "weird" to me, especially as it bought a lot of complexity to the whole thing. Hard to go into detail without spoilers. Not bad, though... and the companion (the female one, mind) is HOT!
    I did enjoy it, I always enjoy The Doctor.

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There's a 5 part web series called Pond Life running this week (1 episode/day - which should be on the bbc website) before the start of the new season on Saturday.

5. Deewon

Deewon What's a Dremel?

Brave 8/10

Another enjoyable Pixar movie. If you like your pixar then don't give this a miss. Had a few laughs and overall quite enjoyed it.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Damn it, I wanted to go see The Expendables 2 in the cinema tonight (€5 tickets), but it's no longer showing :(

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The Cabin in the Woods 8.5/10

the less you know the better it is. do not read about it. do not trailer it. just watch it.

8. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

Pirates of Silicon Valley
    6/10
    Would say that's it a good movie, for what it is. Not the best actors, and you have to be a somewhat geek to enjoy the movie.
    I watched it mostly to learn some history and to hear the dude playing Bill Gates say:

You and I are both like guys who had this rich neighbor - Xerox - who left the door open all the time. And you go sneakin' in to steal a TV set. Only when you get there, you realize that I got there first. I got the loot, Steve! And you're yellin'? "That's not fair. I wanted to try to steal it first." You're too late.

A confusing element is that everyone is named Steve!

Last edited: 4 Sep 2012
  9. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I really hope you didn't pay money to see that...

Anyway --

Dark knights rises

7/10

It had a large mantle to pick up which made things difficult from the offset, I think.

I liked Bane as a villain -- reviewers said that he lacked the impact of the Joker but I liked his self assured, pragmatic approach to destruction.

The purported social commentary on capitalism etc is overblown by reviewers -- it's there, but with no real specific agenda I feel Nolan wasn't intending to make a big deal of it.

There is a lot of story and not all that much "proper" action, so be prepared for that if you're expecting the same scrapfest of the previous films.

Didn't particularly like Anne Hathaways catwoman -- she seemed largely superfluous and the goggles/cat ears looked ridiculous. Gimme Pfieffers catwoman anyday.

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

This is exactly what I did, and I thought it was trash. I guess it's a bit of a marmite movie.

11. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

It's the same as refusing to watch a Lars Von Trier film because he's an opinionated, out spoken glory hound.

Von Trier may be a numpty but "some" of his films are brilliant and there's a lot of entrenched misogyny in Japan when it comes to sushi chefs so give it the benefit of the doubt.

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

As far as I know, women aren't normally sushi chefs just because of the difference in the temperature of their hands, rice sticks more...

13. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

14. defined

defined Botch-Job

I watched the keith lemon movie last week, only watched it as i thought we was going to see "the watch" but i messed the days up and only keith lemon was available at the time.

me and the missus watched it and we did have a couple of giggles but it was a terrible film, all the same jokes that are on his TV shows and a terrible story line. really wished i hadnt paid for it. if i was watching it on TV i would have changed channel after the first 20mins.

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

He has an interesting idea for a restaurant, but I don't know how much I can trust his opinion when it comes to sushi tbh

16. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

The Usual Suspects 9/10
    Excellent Movie! Really awesome. I've seen it before, but I had to see it again, just to fresh up on the memory

Expendables 2 the amount of one liners :eeek: excellent movie as well!

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Possession: -9000/10

For a horror film, I shouldn't be laughing all the way through it.

18. oliverr97

oliverr97 What's a Dremel?

Dark Knight Rises

Great film, one of the best i've seen in a while 9/10

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

*grumble* :p

Dark Shadows 7/10

Enjoayable, even somewhat funny. But where did the warewolf come from?

20. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Iron sky 3/10

Fantastic concept ruined by bad acting and comedy that wasn't funny.