1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Wireless Connectivity Problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Freemanator, 10 Sep 2012.

1. Freemanator

Freemanator What's a Dremel?

Hi guys.

I have been having problems with my Linksys WMP600N adapter and trying to connect to the internet.

It started a few weeks ago in my old house, where it wouldn't connect unless I rebooted the router, or it would take a long time (over half an hour after being turned on to connect.)

Then when I moved it got worse.

At the moment it finds the wireless signals avaiable to it, but when I click connect it fails very quickly. It doesn't even try and connect, as it doesn't ask me for my wireless password.

When I do get it connected, if I reboot the router and mess around, it kicks me off after a while, and then instead of showing the network available to connect to, shows it with a red cross beside, and I have to go and edit the security settings, or delete the profile and try and connect again.

Any ideas to help, I have tried googling, but various different searches have turned up empty handed.

Thanks,

My desktop is running Win 7 64bit
    The rest of the specs are Core i7 920 CPU, Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Mobo, 12Gig RAM, Asus GTX 670 GPU, a Corsair SSD, 2 1TB HDDs and 1 2TB one.

My Windows 7 laptop connects fine, and our Media Centre PC had some problems before I was here, but works fine now too. Android and Blackberry phones, as well as Apple devices are all having no trouble.

We have BT Infinity and their HomeHub 2

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Have you been to the Linksys website and downloaded the latest drivers\software?

3. Freemanator

Yes.
    I should have said what I have tried.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and made sure they are up to date.
    I have played around a bit with the router settings, and tried varying between a static and dynamic ip.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Try removing the network profile completely using the "manage wireless networks" section in the network and sharing centre in windows. Once removed your PC should connect once you enter the network key. Might be worth downloading In SSIDER http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ and check you are not clashing with nearby networks.

5. Freemanator

I have removed and re-added the profile multiple times.
    There is no interference, as there is only one other network in range, and it is in a different part of the spectrum.
    This is a more limited problem.
    Thanks

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

have you tried it on another machine, sometimes it's the wireless adaptor, when they start to die they work for a while, then just stop, unplugging( or disabling) can reset it and it works again for a little while

7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I agree with RichCreedy, I've had pretty similar symptoms from a wirless card, that eventually failed. Try it in a different machine and if you get the same symptoms a new one is about a fiver nowadays.

8. Freemanator

Thanks guys, but I don't think the adapter is dying.
    It can connect me to BTwifi, the unsecured but log in thing they do for BT customers. Given we are with BT that means I can connect to my router, just only via the universal BT unsecured pathway, and not via the home network.

Any other ideas, I have tried the BT site, but got no response.