1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

Well this weekend I have been re-watching Firefly, so earlier I re-watched Serenity.
    Still a brilliant film, I don't need to recommend it to fans of Firefly already I'm sure, but any science fiction fan should pick it up.

Scirocco likes this.
  2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The Hunger Games
    7/10
    Note: I have not read any related novels.
    While the eratic camera movement initially irritated the crap out of me, and the story (in the film) has rather big holes in it, I did enjoy the film.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Men In Black 3 6.5/10

after the travesty that was MIB2 this was a welcome change of pace and very entertaining, its not going in a letter to mother but its deffo worth a punt.

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Exactly the same here, though plot holes bug me less, so it's 8/10 from me.

5. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Expendables: Directors Cut
    Given I've not seen the original since it was in the cinema I'm really not sure what was new and what was part of the original theatrical film but it did seem to hang together a bit better than I remembered. Enjoyable enough but nothing that would change your opinion if you hated the theatrical version. I definitely enjoyed it more than the theatrical version though.

The Mechanic
    Very violent film about a hitman taking on the son of his mentor to show him the ropes. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the film as a whole but the action was very well done.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Inglourious Basterds 10/10

Just brilliant. I love Tarantino.

The Hunger Games 7/10

Nothing novel here, but a very watchable and well-presented movie. I much prefer Battle Royale.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

The Avengers - 8.5/10

Excellent little comic romp, thoroughly entertaining.

Bouncer - 8/10

A documentary about doorman including The Guv'nor himself - Lenny Mclean. Nicely balanced between absolute **** wits and people who haven't got anything trying to use the profession to better themselves. Enjoyed the stark contrasts.

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Dredd 3D and I though it was really good, earns its 18 rating for the violence.

I saw an advert on TV last night saying that The Avengers is released on Blu Ray & DVD on Monday and that Sainsburys has an exclusive deal that means extra content on the Blu Ray, just what else are the offering?

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm just miffed that we only get the option of the Blu Ray or 3D BluRay(+Blu Ray) while the US gets a nice boxset (3D BR+BR+DVD+Digital Copy+Music CD+Kitchen Sink) linky.

Or they get to pick up the complete collection (so far) in a suitcase with a Teseract Linky.

Paramount have done the last few Marvel films leading up to this one (Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor) in a triple play set, so I can't see why they're not doing it with this one :grumblegrumblegrumble:

The Hunger Games 6/10
    It was ok, but it took an age for the story to to get going.

10. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Prometheus

7/10

Does a fair job of expanding the Alien universe lore without taking a massive dump all over the franchise AVP style.

Not as good as the originals, but to be fair I don't think there's much more that can be done with the franchise without totally derailing everything.

11. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I never watched Firefly, despite being a fan of Buffy/Angel. I'm also a big sci-fi geek. So I had high expectations of Serenity---sadly I thought it was utter horseshit. Really disappointing. :waah:

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

LEAVE THIS PLANET IMMEDIATELY

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I thought the same the first time around I watched a few episodes. Gave it another go and loved it. Not a fan of Whedons stuff in general though. Buffy etc are just beyond woeful.

14. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

The door. There it is.

[​IMG]

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Dredd

Would have gone to see this only I couldn't... yes it was 3D only but i was willing to overlook that... or i would have were it not for the fact the glasses were non-existent for those who didn't wear glasses or utter utter **** if you did [clip-ons that wouldn't clip on to any style of glasses known to man]...

really annoyed about that... can't see it in 2d because its not being shown in 2d... and now can't even see it in 3d...

so instead I went to see:

Total Recall [2012] - 8/10

Similar enough to be recognizable as a remake but different enough so it's not a carbon copy... on the whole it bears little resemblance to the original which, imo, is a good thing.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2012
  16. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

Do you have a Last Will and Testament in order? :dremel:

The Hunger Games

8/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this film. Haven't read the books but my sister filled in the missing bits from the first book.

17. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Ted : 8/10

I enjoyed this film so very much. It was a little predictable with the jokes but Still great time watching It and I thougth seth Mcfarlane did a great job

18. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I've never seen the actual series---just Serenity. And it was pants.

I imagine its better if you watched the show, but as a standalone film it just didn't do anything for me :duh:

19. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Battleship - 7/10

Not bad - not good either. You want the most out of the movie? Place brain in jar, and leave it in another room.

Lots of explosions, big guns, aliens, bigger guns, pathetic excuse of a plot, explosions, more big guns.

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Rewatching Gangs of New York - 10/10

One of my favourite films, stonkingly well shot, written and acted.