1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Agree there doesn't feel to be enough vehicles on the scale of the maps. Maybe they will include more in a patch. As for being left behind, people need to be more courteous and team friendly. As I said a few pages back, I only play on BSM Servers as one of their rules is team-play so most of the time the player will wait to fill the seats on the jeep or APC or chopper or what not.

Maybe Bit-tech can add a similar rule to enforce teamplay?

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Most of us work as a team but the issue is you cannot enforce such a rule as players can and will do whatever they want.

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

So is there any incentive to play on foot? I mean, could you hold your own as an engineer?

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Not with the sheer numbers of tanks and the amount of RPG's a tank can take. Multiple RPG's can take down any tank. But you on your own extremely tough. Unless you play Hardcore.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Don't know about an incentive but you can definitely hold your own as an engineer or support!

Between a lot of the points there is a decent amount of cover for you to use, you just have to be intelligent about the route you take, across the fields may look like a shortcut but you'll be mown down by a vehicle or someone in cover in seconds. Additionally the capture points are filled with buildings and cover, and there are a lot of opportunities to score points with mines. :thumb:

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Quite right, and I need to think smarter in my gameplay from now on. Though most of the CPC/Aria boys have cottoned on to my C4 madness.

And after the Wordpress/Hosting thread. I wrote this. http://mrdomrocks.com/battlefield-3-armored-kill-mini-review/

You have no idea how long it took to get the video to embed. There are plugins etc but I kept missing part of the code I needed to paste to make the video embed.

7. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Found the mode, Tank superiority.. the name alone suggests everyone should be able to get into a tank (even if just a gunner) but nope.. on the US side we had 3 tank destroyers that would spawn at base and mabey 1 tank that was it iirc.. the other team meanwhile appeared to have 2 T90's another weird tank and 2 tank destroyers..

The whole mode seems stupid.. there wasnt a ATV or Jeep in sight to help and the only way you could capture points was the tank destroyers making a wall infront of the point but they'd just get blown up in seconds..

Edit - Also if they readded that Mortar support thing from BFBC 2 for recon it would make a bit of sense imo for AK only though.. as as a recon 9 times out of 10 on AK your coming across a tank etc and you can just shoot frozen peas at em essentially but if you could call in a motar strike (as in BFBC2) it may promote more ground work.. I know you can SOFLAM for your team but how often do you see randomers working together like its ment to be?

Last edited: 13 Sep 2012
  8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Tank Superiority is all about those that sit on a hill and fire at any tank coming into the cap point at least it what I have found. I think getting to grips with having Extinguisher on the TD is whats needed from myself anyway. And think it's an awesome idea but give them enough hits and it's going.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Just a note to the support guys - can you please not forget to drop ammo boxes - I keep running out of Javelin missiles!

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

You should enforce it as this is Battlefield. You cannot expect to run & gun and not get insta killed.

PS can you link me to your server as I can still only see 32 players max

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Perhaps join on us once in a while/add us Rotten_necros here, and if we ever go support, we shal drop ammo. Although to be fair, you'd have to be nuts to go support with that many tanks running about and nothing to defend yourself but a stick of c4 on a buggy :/

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

[​IMG]

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

You say that, it's not the problem if c4 buggying a tank, its the simple problem that if you do it out in the open you might have a very long walk :/ /suicide

16. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Why did they have to add an ac130 ffs? Enough cheap ways to die already, stop taking skill out of fps games please. Played about 10 mins and died to that thing about 50% of my deaths, even when i was trying to take it down. Cba playing now.

17. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

How can you die to the Gunship? Keep moving, use a building for cover, and don't let it get a bead on you. The 105mm is a bitch to kill with, and the 25 mm Cannon takes several rounds to down even infantry.

Igla the **** out of it, and you can take it down in minutes.

Even with me and another skilled gunner in there; it takes a hell of a lot of work to kill an AA vehicle, Infantry is a bit easier if they're capping points, but it'll still take a great deal of effort.

18. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

even a direct hit with the 105mm earlier didnt kill em <.< takes 3 hits on a tank (direct) if you hit a tank right next to them there appears to be no splash damage either.

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Err... no

Edit - I think Tank Superiority is a lot like Rush, and the way I want to play Conquest and TDM. There is a hard concept to explain but translates across all modes and even games. Maybe one day I can do it, or find a YouTuber has done.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2012
  20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It isn't so much of a problem - a couple of people coordinating Iglas can take it out pretty quickly. I think in certain ways it encourages team play, because you have to have two or three people out on the field armed with AA all of the time. If everyone is playing solo then yes the AC130 just has total control (in Rush especially).

If you have three people with Igla's, one fires, the AC130 flares and then the other two guys let off Iglas and it's defenceless - you just need to do this a couple of times and he's gone.