1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory External RAM?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iBeMonkayy, 21 Sep 2012.

1. iBeMonkayy

iBeMonkayy What's a Dremel?

Hello,
    I am trying to play Minecraft on my dads PC and it is lagging like mad :/ I figure the problem is with the RAM as it is being used 50% just with skype open :/ Is there a way I can get external RAM which I can plug into my dads PC to help speed Minecraft up? IF this is not possible can you think of any other ways I can speed it up? My dads PC is http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/lenovo-ideacentre-b320-4-21-all-in-one-pc-12360542-pdt.html if this helps.

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

If Minecraft is struggling on 4gb of RAM the problems elsewhere

Take some screenshots of the CPU and RAM useage when in action

PS, External RAM, no such thing (unless some DIY invented it)

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

You can use a flash drive as RAM in Windows 7 but it didn't help me much.

4. Arghnews

Arghnews What's a Dremel?

If you go onto the page for that all-in-one PC and look at the spec sheet, it's pretty dire.

It's likely the CPU or the fact that I think that must be using the integrated graphics from the CPU. And that CPU is THE cheapest of the cheap. And therefore Intel's HD Integrated Graphics of that thing may not suffice even to play minecraft. RAM isn't the issue, and there is no such thing as external RAM, although it's a nice idea. Perhaps some madman has made some :D

One of the problems with an "all-in-one" like that is that it's difficult to upgrade. You'll need a more powerful PC if you want to play Minecraft, or anything smoothly.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I agree it'll be the integrated graphics on that basic Pentium that's killing it. Intel HD is even less than HD 2000/2500 on i3s and i5s. Your memory is not the problem - 2GB to play with is fine.