1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Photo of the Day

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by bentleya, 25 Jul 2009.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

2. Lewis*b

Lewis*b What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the feedback guys! i just wanted to try a different editing style, next time ill tone it down alot more. Just didnt wanna go for plain boring car photos!

anyway heres a photo from zante, taken on a little crappy compact haha

[​IMG]
    Zante Sunrise by lewisbrymner, on Flickr

and also went riding today, was intense haha:

[​IMG]
    Ridin' Dirty by lewisbrymner, on Flickr

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

[​IMG]

I'm not on the same level as you guys but I'm very happy with some of the shots I have taken so far on my trip :thumb:

4. Ream

Ream What's a Dremel?

Theres nothing wrong with the photo to be honest I love the mountans in the background they just look perfect.

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

6. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Nice picture, I like the contrast between the bright colours and the greys of the sky, monochrome might suit this picture as well?

I know nothing about boats but they are very photogenic :cooldude:

[​IMG]

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Thanks

I had trouble getting the lighting right. I still think it's off a little but maybe it's just the best my 300$ camera can do.

8. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Air suspension dude- they can raise and lower the ride height via a control panel in the cabin. ;)

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Still looks ridiculous though, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I took some hardware snaps earlier today, I'll post them in a little bit once I've got them off the camera.

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I know dat feel. Absolutely ridiculous place.

I like these :)

:thumb:

12. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Yes, but it looks absurd and there's a reason very few car companies use air suspension - it's incredibly hard to get it right. There are compromises in ride quality, handling and weight distribution that need to be engineered around, and I very much doubt that even a skilled car modder can improve the car in any aspect (other than the dubious aesthetic "benefit" of extreme lowering) by fitting air suspension to a chassis not designed to accommodate it. Car companies devote enormous resources to designing their vehicles to perform as well as possible, employing highly skilled engineers to build and test sophisticated computer models and physical prototypes. Why does the car modding community think it can do a better job? Anyway this is way off topic. Apologies.

13. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Love these, not so keen on the wagon wheel - I don't engage with the washed out look.

14. ShinyAli

Your right, as a motor vehicle tech I can assure you that ultra low profile tyres and air suspension can result in a teeth breaking, spine jarring ride but, that's customizing :clap:
    How many PC's are badly modded that are useless compared to a factory built PC (none of mine of course :rolleyes:)
    Customizing often has nothing to do with practicality :lol:

15. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Exactly that^. It's all about 'show' when it comes to lowered suspension, stretched tyres and modified bodywork- sometimes it can look great and sometimes it looks out of place, but it's all personal taste, just like PC modding :)

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah but... Not at Trax :grr: I wish they would go and show off that tat somewhere else and leave Trax for the racers :rolleyes:

17. ShinyAli

Oh, you mean Trax just for those "modified,customized" race cars that are so impracticable on the road and only really work on the track :D

Many race tracks run custom shows at race meets to try and attract people/money that aren't that interested in watching the likes of "Cleo" and "Porsche" racing that is too expensive for most people to compete in, some people may not like it at their elitist race meets but many race mechanics and engineers come from the customizing scene.

18. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

And thus after hanging out with RV living park hobos in Prescott Arizona I finally return back...
    Many many gigs of photos to copy & go through :D

[​IMG]
    IMG_7797 by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_0385 by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_6957 by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr

I have to say I love the B/W Trax 2012 photo :D
    And the boat really ticks something lovely. The calm colorful scene... love the tone of clouds too.
    I don't see anything wrong with it. I like it a lot!

From the previous shots, I love the Aloe Vera framed though the window by whisperwolf. Great eye and what an awesome lighting.

ShiniAli - love the colors of the flowers contrasting against the grey rocks, but I think if you framed it with a little more flowers in the shot it would've been a much more stunning photograph.

As for bdigital I am confused as hell by the amazing light on the eyes and head of the jaguar/leopard. Stunning shot.... wow Where is this blue light coming from? Really nice shot.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2012
  19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

20. ShinyAli

As a biker I love the bike shot, there's something about it that I couldn't initially work out and then I realized it's because the bikes are coming up a hill which is quite unusual to see as most pictures you see in such remote areas are of miles of dead straight flat road that goes on forever.

The depth in the blue landscape shot is impressive often humidity and/or mist means a loss of distant detail.

The canyon photo is a classic and something I would like to shoot, those situations can be difficult to get the exposure right with such contrasting light but to my amateur eye the exposure looks good, no blown highlights and some detail in the shadow, great shot, is it HDR?

Do you shoot in RAW?