1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Stuff on Ebay...

I have the money but i REALLY should'nt be spending it on this particular item

The sensible part of my brain has taken over but there is still apart of me yelling "Buy it! BUY IT!"

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Waiting in holyhead for the 2:40 ferry to Dublin, just to deliver some paperwork and come home on the 8:05 ferry, so I'll be there for an hour and a half roughly. I left my house at 6am yesterday and I'm not going to get home till 5pm.

I hate long days!

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Same. Left for work at 9am, leaving now for school which will last until 8:30, then a 30 minute drive home. Bleh.

4. 13eightyfour

I'd kill for a 30min drive home. from holyhead to my house is going to take 4 hours:banghead: at least I get tomorrow off lol.

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

What the hell are you delivering that's so important as to require delivery in person?

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Probably some sort of legal documents - some court summons papers and other legal docs of a high value or high target risk are delivered in person to avoid cases falling apart because of 'lost paperwork'. People think it only happens in America and films, but there are document couriers in this country as well.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2012
  7. suragh

suragh Derp

Paypal... I tried to buy BF3 from gamespot and they ****ed me over by telling me that my order was in limbo and I had to resolve it by phoning them up.... they take the biscuit sometimes.. so dumb.

8. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Treyarch. Just found out no servers for rent, matchmaking crap for Black Ops 2..............Pre-order cancelled.

9. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Now taking my black labrador to vets as he has a rather large lump on his flank :sigh: - hopefully not nefarious but luckily he is as insured as we can get him and always has been.

Just hope it's not cancerous as that would be the big suck - hoping for benign cyst or at worst a hernia (unlikely as it's too hard). Doesn't cause him any discomfort though (at least for the time being).

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Suffering from Lyme infection.
    Got a nasty rash on the back of my neck, had a weeks worth of meds and it seems to be going down but its taking too long for my likes.

Have two massive bug bites on the back of my shoulder and top of my bum cheek that ive itched so badly they now look like gunshot wounds, the one on my bum is healing but the shoulder one is just as fleshy as ever....

I have no idea what ive picked up but hopefully it aint the clap from SE Asia where ive been for the past 6 months..........

11. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Turned out that as he's an active (Loony) dog, he banged his flank and has what amounts to a hooge blood blister under his skin - vet drained some fluid just to be sure and I breathed a massive sigh of relief when she told me it should clear up naturally in a week or so :D

Well worth the £55 to not have to carry the thought that my furry mate has cancer around with me :clap:

12. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Been waiting a week for a recorded delivery package to turn up thanks to Royal Mail being slow arses. Finally they turned up the following Friday but sods law I didn't hear the door and I got the dreaded "sorry you were out" card. Card said I could pick up the item in 24 hours so I went to the sorting office today only to be told "Sorry. We don't have your package" 0.o

The monkey in the sorting office then started to give a list of places it 'might' be. (post office, security box on the street..) which wasn't entirely helpful. Only thing is I'm rather pissed off that it took long enough for the retailer to ship the bloody thing only to have Royal Mail delay it even further. I sincerely hope this appears next week else it's 45quid down the drain. I'm rather pissed off that the retailer shipped it using recorded delivery as well since it doesn't cover you for the full cost.

And this is on top of problems with DHL - of all people - failing to deliver a parcel for the best part of a week for no apparent reason. I'm not having much luck with parcels at the moment.

13. 13eightyfour

It was very important yes, but it was internal mail that totally got forgot about until Thursday afternoon, and had to be in Dublin for 8am.

My journey home from Holyhead took 5 1/2 hours thanks to traffic works and accidents on every road home. So after leaving at 6am on Thursday, I finally got home at 6:15pm on Friday. It does mean that I got paid a months wages just for those 2 days though, so its not all doom and gloom:thumb:

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

My Back. It's really really uncomfortable.

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Just to continue the long day theme from a few posts ago, I was up at 6 walking the dog, started work at 9am and I'm nearly 13hrs into a 17 or 18hr shift. Thank god I only have one week left in this job.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

soul-destroying job dealing with some of the rudest, ignorant and out-and-out stupid people humanity has to offer...

17. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Do you work where I do in Newcastle? lol

In addition to my previous post, more details, I'm working a 30th birthday party, everyone that has turned up is a tree hugger with a kid strapped to their back, there is a bar on and they want herbal tea. While I have nothing against their chosen way of life why ask for a bar then complain there is no green tea.

Also the DJ is terrible, from Cotton Eye Joe to Dolly Parton - 9 to 5 with no mixing, no fading one out and one in, just a dead stop, count to 5 and start the next track.

EDIT - They just "mixed" in, I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you they key, then "mixed" it into Estelle's American Boy. WTF!

18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Well, enjoy the rest of the party. I feel VERY sorry for you! If you have some headphones or earphones with you, get them out pronto!

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I went to a party where the DJ could not mix to save his life, i mean having two songs COMPLETELY DIFFERENT overlapping on a crappy PA is horrible to hear

I think he was a bar man at the hotel venue if im honest

Whats irritating my life?

BEARDS! i remeber the good old days 2 weeks and i would have a visible stubble that would not make me look scruffy and gross and plenty of time to fix it.

Im constantly dissatisfied (that spelling is wrong) with my appearance simply because my hair grows fast and now my beard grows fast!

Time to trim a beardline and put up with a bearded lifestyle i think

20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Some customers can be dicks -.-

Aaaaaand I've just finished a 1500 word email to my boss describing the events that have led me to state that some can be dicks..

I can feel the **** storm heading my way already.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2012