1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Folding

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Nazata, 3 Aug 2012.

1. Nazata

Nazata What's a Dremel?

So far it looks like 20k PPD for a GTX 670, though considering it's prowess on games and benchmarks I'd say it'll be a lot higher once Kepler has proper software support...
    Well until then 20k PPD isn't too bad considering it's doing beta work units and it has a relatively low power consumption.

2. Slowlemon

Slowlemon What's a Dremel?

Hi Nazata

Thanks for the feedback. What work unit is that? On projects 8018, 8019 & 8020 my GTX560Ti gets 19,500 PPD at 900MHz but now I have the cards clocked down to 840MHz to save power they get about 18,500 PPD. These projects give the best PPD, all other projects give far less. Do you know how much power your GPU is using?

3. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer What's a Dremel?

Apologies for bumping an old thread but I can't get my Asus GTX670 to work. Ive followed every step on here and it is still showing as 0% yet the GPU temp goes up by about 12 degree's. Also, the GPU is definitely being detected, it is shown in the logs as Nazata's was earlier in the thread. Any idea's why it still show's 0% or is it because it isnt officially supported or something? Without a percentage completion to work on I won't be using the GPU for folding

4. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

Hi the gtx670 is a bit tricky to get going you need to use fah tracker v2 and a specific kepler folding core it does work as I have had one running fine. Here is a link to the full instructions of how to do it -

http://www.overclock.net/t/1271684/windows-7-how-to-set-up-folding-on-a-nvidia-6xx-series-kepler-gpu