1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Virgin Media a MONTH WITHOUT DAMN TV/BROADBAND

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 29 Sep 2012.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So our virgin package basically went down on the 8th. I thought no biggie it's fine it's been perfect before and we were more then happy with the service we got... A couple days passed and it started to get annoying so i checked there https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status website and it said a engineer would be fixing the issue shortly, however as i kept checking this day after day the Estimated fix time just kept updating to longer and longer then i finally phoned them after 2 weeks where a engineer finally came said he had to go outside and basically did a runner... (left without saying nothing) lol what? phoned them a few days later once again the poor women on the phone did sound generally sorry then informed me that another engineer would be coming on the 10th of October... That's a month without tv and broadband! or for me... a crappy 10mb/s orange back up connection that drops every 5 minutes where i have to take the power cable out and stick it back in... meh.

sucks :duh:, bet they wont even refund me for the month :(

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

They will refund you in full.

I would have been on the phone the day after the service went down not two weeks later!

3. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Since you have been a month without service you could probably get a refund and terminate your contract with them, since they are not providing you with an adequate service

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

They refunded me when my service was down for two days, I'm sure if you tell them you want a refund they will give you it.

5. spaceman1

spaceman1 What's a Dremel?

I worked for them in the fault department make a complaint and ask to speak to team leader if they say he/she unavailable be polite and say i'm not getting off the phone until i speak to them (they try to get you off the phone in under 300sec targets), this might take a min or 2 but as if by magic they return might even get some compo too.

But as the receiving end of abuse it don't make them want to help and they can end the call i done it on many occasions.

Not saying you will be abusive but be polite and they cant end the call on you.

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Perhaps if you called them first thing then you wouldn't had been waiting so long. Engineers can only come out on the next available appointment date because obviously they have other customers to assist before you.

And yes, Virgin Media will credit your account for the period you didn't have service. It automatically happens and is reflected on your next bill but no harm in checking this with the advisor you speak to when you phone up.

7. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

You don't need to speak to a team leader. Credit is automatically applied to the account in the event of any downtime. The systems detect this and act accordingly but like I said it doesn't hurt to double check with the advisor. Advisors have the power to credit accounts without having your call escalated. Demanding to speak to a supervisor just makes you sound like a complete arsehole IMO.

8. Weekly_Estimate

Why on earth would i call them when it clearly states on there website for checking faults that there's a known fault and a engineer is on the way at a estimated time clearly stated. "Hello I'm just phoning you to let you know my internets is down.... despite clearly reading on your website you already know and a engineer is coming anyway"

Oh so that's why its taking them over a month to fix the issue! :duh:

9. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

The estamated date kept changing so I would had thought this is a big indication that something is badly wrong and to call them up to get a definite answer. The fact that when you eventually called up they sent an engineer round is a huge indicator that there was an additional problem affecting your property, or maybe even the only issue you had. Quite often known issues do not affect all customers. Calling up sooner would had got your services back up and running sooner.

It's taking over a month to fix the issue because you didn't call them sooner to get the issue fixed. That is all. :thumb:

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Why would you trust a generic message on a website?

You have to call in, that is why you still have no service.

11. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

What also helps is going in to your local virgin media store. Just moved into a new flat and had similar issues. Once I talked to the guys at the store the engineer called me within half an hour an arranged a day and time to come.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Engineers came no result, another engineer came yesterday and said "Once a month virgin engineers go around to the boxs and pull out the cables not in use ours had not been labeled and they toke ours last month when they did it resulting in no tv or broadband.

Said they would send more around today with no result no engineers came, another day of waiting in with no response phoned virgin once again got asked "Are you sure you've plugged the tv in" you freaking kidding me!? explained what the engineer said "You sure you've plugged the router in?" after awhile on the phone we got another engineer coming tomorrow...

This is crazy!

13. antonyand

antonyand mmm Jaffa Cakes

I'm sorry to hear the issues you're having currently.

you will get credit back for the time the service has been down and i'm sure a little extra as an apolgy. I'm sure the credit is the last thing on your mind right now, you just want everything working and i know this is the same for virgin media.

If it is not sorted tomorrow, ask to spk with the area manager. The technitian might not be able to give you his number, but he can arrange a call, or possibly a visit. This however, might not be untill tuesday.

Virgin want the services back up as quickly as you do! No services = no charging for services!!

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Sniperdude has had issues with his connection for over a year and because of that he got a massive amount of credit. Which turned into a free years internet xD

Sniperdude is a guy from Aria who some of game with.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Thank you! Yesterday the 4th engineer came explained everything, left for about 30 minutes came back tested everything and its all back up and running :) left his mobile number saying any problems just to call him directly next time which was rather nice.

16. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Glad you're all sorted. One of the issues I find with virgin is the quality of enginner ranges hugely. I've had a couple of the stupid ones but thankfullly most have been nice chaps.

Also be sure to ring about getting a refund / credit on your missed out time as it isn't always automatically issued to you - I've had to ring and poke them to get a refund on extended downtime.

17. Weekly_Estimate

So just received the virgin bill for the month, phoned them and they said "We'll pay you £24.40 compensation" I said that doesn't even cover the damn bill which is over £44.40 a month. Virgin then said they would give us £44.40 in compensation. I said that isn't compensation that's what we already paid anyway.

Mr Branson also managed to fly over Atlantic and Pacific ocean in a freaking balloon faster then they fixed our connection. What a disgrace!

Also the women on the phone is refusing to transfer us to her manager :( after requesting about 10 times and arguing down the phone about speaking to the manager we finally got put though.

let's see.

£10 in compensation is the max they can give... guy said dealwithit.jpg basically meh.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2012
  18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

In regards compensation what happened to Sniperdude meant he got vouchers which basically paid for his connection for twelve months or more due to constant disconnection. In this instance getting your money back or a free months package is better than nothing.

19. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Ask for the retentions department, and you really should phone them as soon as you find a loss of service, if you get put through to India just hangup and try again until you're put through to the UK offices otherwise you'll be on an endless script reading exercise. :thumb:

20. kissinger

kissinger Minimodder

I would probably refuse that and just cancel the contract. You would be well within your rights to do that with a month's lack of service.

I've had problems with VM before. The thing is, their infrastructure is pretty decent and when the service works it's the best around, but they are so oversubscribed that the network can't handle it.