1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics EVGA 570

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolf5ster, 10 Oct 2012.

1. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Hi I was just wondering I have an arctic i30 cooler coming tomorrow my cpu cooler at the moment is akasa ak 968 and making a loud noise under load, do you think the 570 will be ok in a coolermaster 330 elite with a 750W PSU, intel 2500K and 4 hard drives.

Will it get to hot?

2 years ago while playing BC2 for 4 hours the computer BSOD. The case was the coolermaster 330 inside was a phenom II 955 and a Nvidia 460 or 5770, I had forgot to plug the exhaust fan back in the memory close to the cpu had cooked.

The start of this year.I had a 6870 with the phenom II 955 and was getting blue screens with BF3. Upgraded to a larger case and the blue screens stopped. Now I have switched to intel and a decent cooler coming tomorrow I think the smaller case will be ok again. My concern is my case sticks out and I am paranoid the families going to knock it.

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

What sort of PSU is it?

How many fans do you have atm? It might be worth in investing in another good fan. I would recommend at least two exhaust fans and one intake.

3. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

Looking at reviews for that case it seems it comes with just a single 120 mm exhaust fan as standard, and space for another 120 mm intake.

So, I wouldn't like to use that graphics card without that front intake filled, and even with it the fans will probably get pretty loud.

4. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

PSU is an OCZ 750W ZS. I have 4 120mm fans. 1 inlet fan and 1 exhaust fan, the other 2 fans blowing hot air out at the top and 1 blowing hot air out on the sides.

Transferring to the smaller case would leave me with just the 1 inlet and 1 exhaust and maybe an 80mm on the side.

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I'd stay with the larger case if I was you mate.

6. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Yeah ok it's a fairly sturdy case so if it got knocked when switched off it shouldn't be a problem. The i30 cooler bolted into the motherboard so that shouldn't drop out not like them stupid twist screws.

Maybe stick a NVidia 610, 520 or Amd 6570 in the coolermaster with an Athlon 250 x2.