1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Sasori - A military m-ITX Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bl00m, 17 Jul 2012.

1. Bl00m

Bl00m What's a Dremel?

I just ordered the Radiator for the build a 200mm one :) it should arrive to me tomorrow and then I can get going on some other aspects of the design for the bottom part of the case :)
    update tomorrow with some pictures :)

2. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Loved Silent Shadow and now your using my favorite size on the motherboard, nothing can go wrong with mini-itx. Looking forward to this! :)

3. Bl00m

Bl00m What's a Dremel?

Update, with pictures!

Hey you all!

I know there is some time between the updates of the project, but I work as hard as I can to keep this going!

Yesterday I ordered the radiator that I will be using for this project. It's a 200mm beast of radiator!

I haven't had the time to test-mount the fans yet but soon I will.
    I also ordered a start button and one I/O-panel that should arrive on Friday.

Oh I almost forgot to mention that I weighed the aluminum and it weighs in at around 8 kg (befor the CNC work has been done!)

But here you have som pictures of the rad ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I work as hard as I can to keep this going and updates coming!

Untill next time, have a nice one!
    /Bl00m

4. Bl00m

Bl00m What's a Dremel?

Long time since the last update!

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates I have been busy with some other personal stuff. But now Im back and working on Sasori, The design is almost ready some smaller things that I need to look over and get done before I can plan time to put the pieces in the machines :)

Some changes has also been done,

1. Support for normal ATX psu is now implemented :)
    2. Support for cards with 3 PCI plates.
    3. Window to show the graphiccard cooler from the side :)
    4. The motherboard tray has been moved back so that the case can support higher graphiccards och other expansion cards.

I will make some .jpg files of the design late this week.

Hope to start the CNC work soon, cant wait to have all the plates done so I can start building this :D

Until the next major update I would love to see more thoughts of this project :)

/Bl00m

Last edited: 23 Jan 2013
  5. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

come on mate! Wheres the modding!? So far all we get is a taste of the design, some hardware and some raw materials!

If your in the project logs instead of the modding section you have to feed the baby birds with at least a little bit of physical work :hehe: your killin me here! Design looks nice man and I'm excited to see some construction progress :thumb:

6. Bl00m

Bl00m What's a Dremel?

I know some time has gone by without any real physical work:( But after the fist concept I had too make some changes and other stuff happened that prevent me from progressing as I would have liked... Sorry if I'm keeping you guys on a leash but the sad truth is that I don't have an easy access to the machinery and I dont want to send everything away, I want to be there during all the steps.

I will try and work harder to get this done and when I get started and get everything cut then this really will takeoff like a Jet. :)

You will get your construction pictures ;) just keep supporting this project with comments and thoughts so I feel even more motivated :D

7. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Exactly my intention mate! I personally feel often it just takes a bigger boot than your own to get your ass in gear :D

8. Bl00m

Bl00m What's a Dremel?

Hehe yeah your right, sometimes you need a kick in the rear to get in gear ;) But not everything can go as planed... but done it will be :)