1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU RMA advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alph4a, 30 Sep 2012.

1. alph4a

alph4a What's a Dremel?

XFX psu died today, tried to raise a rma with Ebuyer online & got a message to contact XFX.
    Phone number is 60p a minute, no happy about that. Should Ebuyer accept the rma or will I have to go to XFX direct.
    Psu is 17 months old.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You will probably find Ebuyer only deals with RMA for the first year, So you're going to have to deal with XFX there must be a a way via email though.

3. alph4a

alph4a What's a Dremel?

Thanks, can do it online I just wanted to speak to someone to find out their rma procedure.
    10 years building pc's this is my first rma

4. alph4a

alph4a What's a Dremel?

Returned psu to Ebuyer who accepted it to be faulty. They will only give me a partial refund not replace as it is no longer current. Does this sound right as I've now got to pay out extra cash to get a similar psu.

5. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

I'd point you in the direction of this thread

partial refund may be the best your going to get > otherwise you have to prove that it wasn't fit for purpose when sold, as you've gotten a years use out of it might be hard to get.

I had a similar experience with Dabs, who tried fobbing me off with go to manufacturer because it was over a year and they dont cover it then etc etc. bit of pushing with the template letter I got a full refund (though I had stated that I'd be happy(ish) with a partial refund.)

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Do you know what sort of warranty the XFX PSU came with?

7. alph4a

alph4a What's a Dremel?

The warranty is 5 years, one of the reasons I chose this psu.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the extra 4 years will be with XFX , but IIRC they dont deal with the public (or just call them? if its an 0870 number then use www.saynoto0870.com to find the regional version)

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Im guessing you got ebuyer to collect it?

If you sent it to XFX ud have prob been 10-20 quid or more down on postage anyway so id just suck up the difference.

10. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Why ? Why stand down, if It was me I would want a replacement or the same or similar specification. Components have warranty for a reason.

Although good luck dealing with XFX UK..TERRIBLE customer service, one reason I never buy XFX anymore.

11. tsutton

tsutton Minimodder

Sale of Goods Act is 7 years so this may help.

I got ebuyer to repair a TV that was 6 years old and they repaired it FOC when I pointed out the Sale Of Goods Act.

12. Pointy

Pointy What's a Dremel?

Just had an argument with Ebuyer about returning the Noctua NH-D14. It is listed as being compatible with the Z77 Sabertooth, but blocks access to the first PCI-E port. Ebuyer said it was still compatible and wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee. My argument is it's not 100% compatible if I can't use a PCI-E port. Anyway they have gone to talk to the manufacturer, who I have also emailed. I wouldn't be surprised if the list isn't updated in a day or 2.

As a long term Ebuyer user, it's quite disappointing.

Regards,

Les

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If the issue was raised before the expiration of 7 working days starting the date after delivery then they have to give you a full refund under the Distance Selling Regulations. If this is the case then the proposed 'restocking fee' is ridiculous and that e-mail should be forwarded to trading standards. Besides that, you can argue false advertising as the cooler clearly hampers use of the motherboard so it is not compatible.

14. Nelly

Nelly EverQuest Addict, 10+ Years.

XFX RMA Centre is in Preston, Lancashire according to this >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18346241

15. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

It is...it was about 5 minutes from my house, but I still had to send it back to scan, who sent it to XFX, who sent it back to Scan with no fault found...Took it home, oh its faulty, took the entire system to Scan to show them it was faulty and refused to leave the store until it was exchanged, and i got a gigabyte exchange out of it.

I will NEVER buy XFX in the UK again because whoever is at the service center are a bunch of muppets.

16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

This is the reason I try my best not to use SCAN these days. It's the retailers responsibility. If they want to play with the manufacturer then that's up to SCAN and should not be your problem. SCAN should have tested for the fault and dealt with the customer directly, not pass the buck to XFX even if they did make the PSU. Always ALWAYS make a claim under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended first and foremost, it'll almost always beat any warranty that's offered as a nice 'extra'! Especially the case when my Corsair AX850 has failed twice in not so many years. That comes with 7 years of warranty! :D