1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage SSD won't boot!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4mi3, 18 Oct 2012.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

update: fixed, reverted back to 0309. a stressful time was had by all, ty crucial. notsrs

cliffs:

-saw thread yesterday evening on bit tech talking about the new m4 firmware, figured i'd upgrade to that (010G)

-seeing as all prior updates had been done by usb stick and completed successfully, I did this again

-put the files on there, but where not recognised when trying to boot from them. The upgrade process did notstart, it simply said it couldn't find the files. So I restarted the computer.

-will burn them to a disc instead.

-on restart, computer would not boot.

-used 2nd computer to burn iso to disc

-put said disc in main comp (which was/is not booting). recognised iso, and upgrade completed successfully

-still will not boot.

-I took the m4 out and put it in my 2nd comp, I got the same message, so def something up with drive

-I tried to power cycle, to no avail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

could it be an incorrect bios setting or is the ssd screwed? because if i tried it in my other computer and i got the same message im thinking the latter

Last edited: 18 Oct 2012
  2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

3. Zehetmayr

Zehetmayr Minimodder

This has been reported by many users. Read this for details. Some have been able to revert back to the previous firmware. Fingers crossed for you.

4. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

right, reverted back to 0309, it originally didn't boot

restarted like 4 times

then it randomly worked. what a waste of my time this has been

I can't believe crucial didn't make this fault more obvious!

Size 20, bold, underlined, asterisked etc

thanks for your input guys

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I get the second screen shot every now and then on my SSD too but I think my case bend the connector as it has one on those bottom of the case SSD mounts so its a @%$# to get the sata cable connected.