1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Tenuis

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Gtek, 19 Sep 2012.

1. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

thats soo beautiful :D!

2. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

just beautiful!
    (like that ads saying "just works")

In some way it reminds me of a Greensabbath unconcluded project log http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=154166
    That one was also minimalistic, and it was the only Greensabbath project that was (kind of) minimalistic.

About that much talked about joint between the top wooden piece and the side pieces,
    maybe one could try 45º joints and very slightly round them with a fine sand paper so as to bring out some cut across wood grain.

3. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Your dog is as beautiful as the case. Really nice picture :)

I think everyone would agree at this point that you are 100% officially pro-status

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Its costing you that much or you'd want to sell it for that much? You want to get in touch with some rich businessmen. Seriously I work for a HNI who commissions a lot of custom furniture and 600 doesn't get you much in that world.

Tempting very tempting.

5. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Loving that a LOT! Well done :thumb:

6. kinghong1970

kinghong1970 Just a Clumsy Ape

that is absolutely beautiful!

simple, monolithic slab of walnut balanced with aluminum... amazing!

only wondering if you can miter the top walnut panels as to hide the butt joints... but still... amazing!

7. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Once again, THANK YOU ALL for your nice words and support. :thumb:

To clarify, estimated price for ''case only'' is 280 GBP, that includes fans and slot load DVD drive. That is for how much I'm selling it. I would really like price to be lower, but it's just not possible for me to make it any cheaper atm. And you don't get much for 600 from me either :D I increased minimum price to 650 since then, but even so, system for 650 will work, but not much more. one the other side 1000 is not maximum either. I had a request from customer from France who wants a machine for photo editing of it, and asked for i7, 16GB of ram (fast), min 256BG SSD, 2TB HDD, graphics card, blu-ray writer, wifi, etc.. I will also need to modify back panel to allow more air in, just to make sure. Price for that will be aprox. 1250 GBP (no OS, no postage). So as I mentioned before, all depends on specs.

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Just noticed the update. £280 is an absolute bargain for such an amazing case and I would have to strongly consider buying one! :jawdrop:

9. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

WOW:jawdrop::jawdrop:so sexy!

10. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

Really nice built case. The two-tone really enhances the sleekness! And I can see why you didn't choose to miter the top parts. The outline on the top part with equal thickness is a really nice approach and doesn't make it some veneercase-/automated job but more handmade-craftmanshipdesign like.

Me like!

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Stunning project, only just saw it now. Excellent work as always mate, definitely a MOTY contender.

12. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Wowzer! It's completely fit for purpose without compromising the simple design aesthetic. There are no flashy lights, extraneous fins, random emblems and graphics it's minimalist and brilliant.

[​IMG]

I genuinely think I would pay good money for a case like this if it was on the market.

13. sixfootsideburns

I agree that it ought to be, and the funny thing about that is pretty much the entire build log was 1 post! :hehe:

14. Mr.Evil

Mr.Evil What's a Dremel?

Congrats man, simple and stylish :thumb:

I love it!

15. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

This thing is beautiful. I really think you could sell many of these. Plus its all architectural chic so you could probably charge way over the odds for them too. CHACHING!

16. akibro

akibro hmmm....

WOW, that is awesome.

can we have some more internal pics?

17. Gtek

Thanks guys!

here is aluminium part of Tenuis for customer. It looks like I'm going to build just a few of them, simply because I have no time to build them. I will have to get all the parts laser cut in future, to reduce building time.

[​IMG]

18. sixfootsideburns

good solution mate, laser cutting can be a really economical way to mass produce parts like this. If it ever really came to a point where you wanted to crank they cases out you can buy small plasma cutters and laser cutters for home use for relatively cheap these days. Key word there is relatively though :hehe:

19. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I was hoping the key word would be cheap. :D

20. Gtek

Own brand new plasma or laser is not an option for me just now. I spend over 2 grand on my cnc already, but I was thinking about swapping spindle for plasma cutter. but I'm not very sure about the idea, tbh :lol: