1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you be interested in : 50p for 1TB Per Month Web hosting

Discussion in 'Serious' started by happysack, 25 Sep 2012.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Can't even log into my control panel at the moment to work on the site; getting an internal server error message (500) every time. Just to echo what's already been said, I appreciate that it's very cheap hosting, but if I can't even use it as a testing site for my other projects then it's not of much use to me I'm afraid.

2. happysack

happysack goodateverthinger

what url where you going to to try and access the control panel?

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

4. happysack

5. happysack

Has this resolved your issues? Seems to be workin ok my end. I dont appreciate people calling me a crook - I am trying to provide a good value service and still learning.

If you don't have anything useful to say other than call me a crook then please don't say it at all...

If your we're monitoring uptimes and mission critical and sla's are important I would go witha dedicated server with a garunteed sla.

I am offering large space hosting for cheap prices.

FYI - it does work and the prices are correct...

6. sct454

sct454 What's a Dremel?

Is it £1 per month?

7. happysack

Correct - for basic 1tb package but you can choose windows or Linux

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

This is clearly not "mission critical" hosting :) If you want mission critical go pay more, frankly for £1 a month you cannot expect it to be nearly as awesome as those hosts you pay more for.

Like happysack said; make it constructive, or dont say it at all :)

9. happysack

Thanks - this is what I am trying to get across.

You cannot expect everything for nothing. The servers these run on will give a fantastic uptime however running single handedly I cannot provide SLAs on issues.

If you have a site you want to host for whatever reason. You have your hosting space and DBs with a world of space for £1 can you ask for more?

Am I being unreasonable?

10. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

You can't expect amazing service for dirt cheap, BUT on the flip side price alone is (unlikely anyway) to be enough to get repeat custom. Poor service (irrespective of price) will result in less recommendations and less new/repeat business.

When I say poor service, not just referring to user support, but also (unplanned) downtime, random outages etc etc.

One suggestion (to ensure your website is available) is to move to to a totally different provider - that way, customers can still email you/raise tickets etc even if there's an outage with your reseller hosting.

Hopefully the above isn't taken as negative etc etc - I guess one analogy would be somewhere like Aldi - it's cheaper than Sainsburys but people wouldn't go back if the food was mouldy/tasted of crap.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Frankly, as long as Happysack provides good comms, I wouldn't mind a little bit of downtime for such a cheap cost per GB.

I probably wouldn't use it for a business website, but for personal stuff, it'd be fine (again, as long as communication is good in the event of any issues)

12. happysack

Thanks - cheap per Gb is our USP I don't think we can't be beaten for that

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I'll impart a few things I learned from low-end target market reseller-based webhosting many years ago.

One support ticket from one customer and the profit you made from them is gone. Repeated support tickets from one customer? Give them 30 days notice to find a new provider as they are actually costing you money - and will never be happy. YMMV.

Don't have a support forum, make them use tickets so you can track this - remember you're trying to make money but if all you do is answer pointless questions from the same handful of people you're not actually making anything.

Sure customer care is important - but ultimately you're charging nothing so its volume that will actually make you money.

I wish you much success - just make sure you use what little money this will make you to move onwards into new ventures. Being a webhost of this kind is not sustainable, because in a few months someone else will come along cheaper than you.