1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I play that server a lot, I've never had any serious trouble with campers, other than in one or two easily avoided places - especially now they have a 4 sniper per team limit.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

In the game, installed and everything.
    #Edit, nevermind. I'm finding Bf3 not that much fun.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2012
  3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some fun last night, some awesome lucky magnum shots. Same again this evening?

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Mini rant:

A couple nights ago I decided to play some BF3 again after giving it a few months break. Played some singleplayer, played some multiplayer, all good Battlefield fun. But oh how I forgot what a hassle EA made it to play. Open start menu, click Battlefield 3... Origin launches. Oh yeah, Origin. Turns out it needs an update, no big deal, only takes a few seconds. I'm then told that BF3 needs an update. A whopping 2GB! So several minutes later that completes and I'm ready to play! Until Firefox launches. Oh yeah, Battlelog. And of course, Battlelog needs an update! So another quick update and finally Battlefield 3 is ready to play. Curse you EA for making it so hard to play this one addicting game I can't give up!

On the bright side I was happy to see that layout customization is finally in Battlelog, even if it didn't work right at first (didn't equip weapon attachments) and that plenty of servers still run vanilla and B2K maps because that's all I have.

5. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Those maps are the best.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I find it much simpler to not login to Origin just battlelog in browser and launch everything from there.

Single played, mp etc

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

The close quarters ones didn't sound too interesting, but was Armored Kill not such a hit? I figured that'd be the big rage since everyone loves vehicles and big maps.

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Close quaters is basically cod size maps, so infantry everywhere may as well play tdm on the core maps.

Armoured kill is a actual Battlefield expansion- tank destoyers and mobile arty add a interesting mix, as well as the gunship- 32 or 64 players it gets quite crazy- nice to have a snow map.

9. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

After playing Blacklight: Retribution and MoH: Warfighter and having been sniping for a week , I am back to hating suppression. At the start I was missing a few shots, and playing against you lot I wasn't subjected to suppression, as you lot can kill. Earlier tonight on it was such a ball ache.

CQ: Everywhere is exposed to too many angles, by design, for flanking. For those that like TDM it would be your cup of tea.

AK: Every point, has a Tank Destroyer spawn, so it turns one sided for conquest. There is also the Gunship, which is just no fun. Sight lines for tanks can be too long also, so that you can see, but not be able to engage an enemy vehicle effectively. Tank AP rounds are a joke, so far removed from reality.

Fast Air ruins Battlefield.
    Or could that be for another reason

Edit: Oh and suppression really takes the canoe.

Last edited: 6 Nov 2012
  10. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

lol. Noobs who launch BF3 via Origin. Blame yourselves.
    And of course you have to expect update hell if you haven't launched the game in a couple of months.
    We who play it almost daily don't perceive this problem. We already have our game up to date and ready to roll.

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'd say lack of effective counter measures ruins Battlefield. Quite why all the Anti-air vehicles and emplacements have been either removed or nerfed is beyond me, it's not as if any of them were over powered in previous titles. The useless nature of the stinger/IGLA doesn't help either.

12. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

stinger/IGLA isn't useless. Only against skilled pilots with ECM as you would expect.
    Also if you stand still too much in a chopper you are easy match for SPRUT-SD or tanks.

13. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

I launch BF3 via origin because it autologins to BattleLog that way. Besides I have Origin always on. My PC is used only for games so I might as well keep the gaming software running.

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Sorry you lost me, you hate suppression because why?

I can understand why people hate it, but at the same time, you are able to suppress others too, so what's the big deal. If you know where someone is it's a simple case of start firing at them before they see you/pre-fire the spot where they are.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

What a load of whining. Not sure why you even play it. Maybe stick to games with less angles??

I almost never get killed by fast air (unless I'm in a plane) so I don't know what you are doing wrong. Also, now its toned down, suppression is a pretty good effect.

CQ is ok for a TDM blast - not the greatest - but your criticism is erm.... interesting.. Bahhaaha.

AK has some amazingly fun maps (snow map and night map)

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

CQ is great for run-and-gun, with ~24 players.

Anymore and the spawns are screwy I find, and if you're still for more than a few seconds, you get flanked. It makes for a very past paced game with a lot of action. If you sit in the corner being a bipod pro, you're going to get someone nabbing your tags until the cows come home.

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

^ Parge. Personally I think alborz is the crappest map of the AK maps, after armoured shield that is. Armoured shield because of how quickly it becomes one sided with no routes to flank to the enemy teams base flags. Death Valley and Bandar are a lot more balanced in that respect.

Doh, read cq as conquest not close quarters. Up to 24 players is about right. But even so, I've played on a 38 man before and as long as you hold one flag you can do well.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed, A.S is a pretty poor map and almost always becomes a rape fest!.

I love Alborz though, speeding up the hills, capturing point D in the snow. Laying mines amongst the trees by C, not to mention zooming round the mountains in a jet!

Last edited: 6 Nov 2012
  19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Have they changed the ports with the latest update?

Im having connection issues again.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am having my weekly connection problems my internet is like a woman so got damn temperamental.