1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dead Space 3 preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 8 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

oops ... wrong topic ... will teach me not to open too many tabs xD

Last edited: 8 Nov 2012
  3. MachineUK

MachineUK What's a Dremel?

This sounds from the preview, that it is too broken to be a top game. Which is a proper shame, I was looking forward to the coop with a mate. Guess we will get it and just *mash* through it like most coop's!!

4. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Comes out the same month as Aliens: Colonial Marine. Wonder if it's trying to compete with that.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

A real shame, Dead Space 1 was one of the best games I've ever played. Number 2 didn't really capture me in the same way the first did, but it was a decent romp.

Another excellent game, that sold well doing what it did, that some idiot has decided to water down into another generic shooter that no one wants to play except hyped up 14 year olds.

As an aside, a very well written, critical, yet intelligent article from Joe. Good work.

6. MachineUK

MachineUK What's a Dremel?

Aliens: Colonial Marine, looking forward to that game. Hope that fairs better with the bit-tech preview!!

I think you may be right on a general level though. They are probably trying to compete with other shooters in the market. Just a shame they didnt stick to their formula for the third installment. Playing a proper eerie, jumpy horror type game would have been epic in coop!!! Guess all the developers chat about the game being just as scary was tosh!!:rolleyes:

7. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I love that bit-tech actually shares their thoughts on previews rather than just regurgitating PR speak, but I have to wonder, being so critical how do you get invited back?

As an aside, I absolutely loved dead space 2 and I hate what it looks like the 3rd one is becoming.If DS2 was making a profit why did they have to water it down?

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

DS1 was great, this sounds like it's another franchise going only one way... down. :(

9. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

another one bites the dust.

10. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Got to say loved the fact that Joe completely destroyed the game and I have to agree with Mentai, how do you get invited back lol?

Anyway there seems to be a trend with EA tbh. They take an awesome IP and then attempt to cater to a wider audience and completely fail on a technical level, usually by stripping the game of any difficulty or individuality and adding a ton of generic elements that do not belong there.

Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Crysis, Battlefield and now Deadspace (Started with the second one really).

Still if it sells then whos to blame? After all EA are just a business and they have to give their shareholders the best return they can. At the end of the day EA are nowhere near the only company doing this, Id say Ubisoft is the worst perpetrator, just look at what they did to Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Splinter cell!

Last edited: 8 Nov 2012
  11. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

So disappointed :(
    Dead Space 1 and 2 were great, and I was really looking forward to the third.
    Oh well, back to the Armaverse...

12. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

Dead Space 1 was basically System Shock 2 but simplified for console audiences and in the third person, which means I enjoyed it. Dead Space 2 was a big dumb shooter that was polished but had its priorities wrong. This just sounds like a mess. Figures it would happen considering EA want the game to sell 5 million.

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's my job to tell you what I think. I'll deal with any other problems later.

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Forgetting Activision, are we? ;)

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

That's why I love you(r work).

16. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

It's gonna be awesome, one way or another.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Aw man, I wan't it to be scary!!

Why do all games pander to the lowest common denominator these days? Rhetorical question, I know why.

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Meh. They should have stopped at DS1. DS2 totally lost the scare factor and atmosphere that the first one did so well.

Tags: Add Tags