1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Question about cathodes

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Asmodeous, 15 May 2003.

1. Asmodeous

Asmodeous What's a Dremel?

I was wondering if anyone possibly knows how to make the circutry to run a cold cathode? The reason beieng I just recived a few from a friend, the only problem with them is they're JUST the cathod tube. Theres no resistor, no case no nuthin but I want to be able to use them not just keep them for backup till mine go out. Becides that, I got a nice lil 4" one I want to try to install into a lightup mousepad I think that should work nicely to light my design :D Any help or info would be GREATLY appreciated thankxx. :hip:

2. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I wouldn't cost much more to buy them pre-made. I did a quick search and found a dual-inverter for 5 bucks at FrozenCPU.

3. Asmodeous

Thanxx for the reply, I think that site will come in great handy for me. But I'm still currious what all I need to make them? I figured I need to try and make one at least once:dremel: dunno why but I like to say that I did it on my own (prolly so I can make my friends a lil jealous that I can :D )

4. Asmodeous

I have another question...is it really safe to install a cathode underneath the case without putting a shield around it? I was thinking about instaling a window in the bottom and lighting it up but I would like to know if it will be safe to first. I figured theres allot of electronics buffs here that might be able to help me out.

5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

This works for cathodes straight out of an HP scanner right ?