1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage SSD....ergh.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by chrisc1277, 9 Nov 2012.

1. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

I own 2 SSD's (as seen in my sig) ones in my main rig (machine im on) and second in the HTPC. awhile ago the SSD in this computer went a bit mental. it froze in windows, then dissapeared off the bios and wouldnt start windows. i did something which caused it to start working. honestly cant remember.

So the other day, my HTPC froze, and now that wont load. nore is it seen in the bios. when it scans for the HDD in the bios startup, it goes very slow. as if it can see something, but it isnt uite sure what it is.

so i plugged the HTPC SSD into the main rig and went into disk management. it showed up, but as "failed". so i tried to format it,selected delete volume not delete partition, and its now dissapeared completely. the machines know somethign is there, but doesnt know what it is.

The light on the SSD lights up green. so theres power.

Ive kissed it, ive tried tricking it by starting to walking away and running back, ive bought it presents and yet it still doesnt work.

im sorry about my typos, its annoyed me to hell. Ive had no end of troubles with god damn SSD's!!! owned 3 and all 3 have had problems.

...........*calm*..........

any ideas would be very muchly appreciated. is it bricked? id assume itll just work again like the other one... ill honestly buy a goat to the person who helps me out with this. and ill even let you name it.

cheers Chris

Last edited: 9 Nov 2012
  2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Have you tried flashing it? And no, I don't mean scare it back to life :)

3. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

lol! no i havnt tried that, i dont want to feel sorry for it yet...

so this flashing, i havnt tried it no, how would one go about trying this? is it possible even if nothing is able to detect it properly?

4. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I was looking at guides and threads about SSDs for my new workstation and the overall feeling is do not buy OCZ SSDs. Sorry wish I could offer some help or advice, but now it's just another thread adding to the knowledge of everybody. Hope you get it resolved, maybe RMAed? PITA but it's probably the only way forward.