1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Indeed, although there's an issue with the clutch.. which is now fun.

2. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

When I had the 106 I used to longingly prowl the 106 owners forum so I've seen my fair share of what can be done with the engine but I'm going to keep it stock for a little while (for the sake of insurance).

So jealous of the rallye, have you got a phase 1 or 2? I loved the styling of the phase 1 and if I had more money / time to restore it I would have bought one instead of the C2. That will have to wait til after I'm done with uni though.

3. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

:naughty:

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

There are some nice builds on 106owners, although rather too many slammed/chavved GTI type projects for my taste.

Mine's an S2 Indigo with the 16v engine, quaife quick-rack and a spot of lowering:
    [​IMG]

I've got to have a Cherry S1 though, they're my next-fave after the lovely blue. :D

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

That is a fine looking car with what looks like suspension that actually handles

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Thanks. It handles really well, and having relatively narrow wheels you don't need to go very fast to feel the chassis come alive underneath the grip... Although I lowered the rear a bit too far and it's spoilt some of the snappy rear feeling (lowered 40mm front, accidentally about 50mm rear, was aiming for even drop both ends), so that needs sorting out once I've finished the head gasket and various other niggles.

7. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Not mine, but was wondering what car this is. I couldn't see since he drove off and I couldn't recognise the logo.

[​IMG]

Anyone know? It looks like a mustang doesn't it? I'm quite sure it's an american. Anyone able to shed some more light on this?

Sorry for the terrible picture. Taken with my phone.

8. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Ford Mustang 2011 GT with 412hp... a 5L beast....

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1121640

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

You couldn't recognise the Mustang logo? That's gotta be the most recogniseable car logo in the world!
    [​IMG]

10. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Or possibly the fact the logo on the back actually has "Mustang" printed on it? If I'm remembering recent-model 'Stangs properly.

Either way; It sounds like a hell of a fun car to go tearing about in. I'd love to hear the rumble it makes if you floor it in a tunnel.

11. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Like I said in my post. I couldn't see it. I "thought" it was a mustang. The car went in reverse and took off behind the other cars before I could see the logo ;)

I guessed it was a Mustang, so I "guess" I was right ;) Thanks for clearing it up though.

12. monteur

monteur What's a Dremel?

A male specimen that can't recongnize a ford mustang without seeing its badge?? what is this blasphemy! ;)

13. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Agreed! Man up :D

14. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

IMO 412BHP from a 5L is under powered compared to the Audi RS6 V10 5L which produces 571BHP as standard. Add a remap and it will be up to 650BHP+. (Family rocket ship!)

412BHP from that 5L engine should be more reliable than the Audi.:)

Get the right tuner onto that Mustang engine and you can see well over 750BHP+ which I'm sure would be right up Pookeyhead's street! :)

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

412 is good considering, in the 80's, the 5L mustang had 225hp ...

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Pft, all this talk of horsepower. I don't care for the 0-60 times, I just want something with the torgue of a Ferguson tractor. Getting from 30-50 as quickly as possible is much more important than the chavy drag races between lights.

18. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Yeah yeah.... go watch Top Gear or something :)

Muscle cars... you either get it, or you don't.. but stop whining.

19. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

These cars aren'tused the same way as EU cars, they are far happier if you want to doddle around and listen to a rumbling V8. The capability is there to tune them much further than the majority of their EU counterparts, just look at top drag cars, all using big block chevy engines etc

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Yeah, but top fuel dragsters put out some 10,000 horsepower, the power used to drive the blower alone is more than twice as much as the Mustang engine is capable of outputting.