1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Planetside 2 - Massive Combat on an Epic Scale

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RedManc, 17 Feb 2012.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Yawnfest because you can't physically be there to play it? It's a whole other thing when you play for real. :D The game is outstanding so far, servers holding up to 6000 players per server. The option to play with a team of 48 or go alone and to fly a bunch of vehicles and shoot people with hundreds of guns with customization features really does say something.

2. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

The guns feel week to me, like they need to ooomph the volume, when i shoot as a HA it just seems......weak, like not the sort of sound i would expect a machione gune to make.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Got my beta key from a mate the other night. Three of us getting in a liberator and doing some bombing runs is great fun. Had a large scale infantry battle in the dark last night which was seriously good fun.

There are things that need sorting out (I'm looking at you max suit animations) but the game is in a better state at this beta stage than a lot of releases. Really promising.

4. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I had chars on all 3. Servers are changing name in a few days, along with a char wipe. So I suggest that those without outfits could stick to one server.

I'm not a fan of zerg bs, and have stayed away from Zurvan and so on. You get hundreds of people contending a base the size of a battlefield map, these turn into big meat grinders. I prefer the tactical satelliting.

Have a scan through this:

5. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

That looks pretty amazing.

6. dieharder

dieharder What's a Dremel?

I got a spare beta key if anyone wants one

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Start a thread in general. There were ten disappointed people after one yesterday.

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well tonight on EU 2- think its now called Herse, most of the TR left to join the Vanu before the switch so it was 40% to 30/33 TR/NC, resulting in the TR being beaten quite heavily on all fronts.

Most of the fights where so one sided as alot of the TR stayed in the warp gates though eventually the sides blanced out and TR pushed out and took half the map again.

Hopefully they will buff the TR guns as at current its so enoying going up aginst Vanu/NC and doing little damage and dying in the process.

9. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Why is it so hard to get a key for this beta? Never had this much trouble getting one. being ignored on twitter and facebook. :(

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

considering paying the £29.99 for the release in-game cash + items and a beta key....

11. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I would not have paid for it in its current state in all honesty. Granted you get the value in station cash and the xp boost etc, but i wouldnt be happy paying for it.

The defending mechanic changed it seems to be mean a lot of defending with nothing to show for it like the "FAcility Defended" bonus you got. From what i saw this mechanic was disliked and removed, now people are asking it back!

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I have a spare key if anyone wants it.

edit: key has been given out

Last edited: 14 Oct 2012
  13. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

14. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

I think Planetside 2 is amazing so far, though it needs a lot of tweaking and the release is very near.

Anyone else getting graphics glitches (outlines around objects, variable texture quality) and audio glitches (choppy, slowed down)?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: 13 Nov 2012
  15. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Its better than it was a month ago, it was unplayable for me.

Hopefully they will have it all ironed out for next week (still 20/11/12 release im sure).

Anyway i now have 6 beta keys (they sent me a mail a few weeks ago with one, then anotehr mail today with 5 more!)

So if anyone interested then give me a PM.

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Been hammering the Beta yesterday and this morning, must say I'm pleasantly surprised by it. Good fun assaulting a massive base and then trying to hold it as you cap :)

17. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

Anyone who is looking for Keys, there is a Key Exchange on the biggest Planetside 2 Community, www.planetside-universe.com ive just donated 5 of my keys to the site.

You will have to take part in the community, but you will enjoy it if you're playing the game!

Also, a shameless bit of recruiting for my outfit, i'm on of five leaders of outcasters which is a multi-national, English speaking outfit and play on european servers (eurydome currently) for the Terran Republic Empire.

In Planetside 1 we had a significant impact on the battlefield with tight squad-play, we were also the first TR outfit on a European server to reach the maximum of 10 million outfit points.

If you fancy joining our fight head to www.outcasters.net and we'll get you set up :)

18. Fraze

Fraze Minimodder

A recommendation from me for RedManc and Outcasters - I play with a small outfit on the same server called INI Elite and we've played alongside outcasters since Planetside1 - very nice bunch of guys and a damn fine introduction to the game if you plan on playing TR!

19. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Im looking for an outfit, but im NC, i have made my bed! lol

I did give TR a whirl but wasnt keen.

Might just post all my keys here seeing as not long to go.

20. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much Fraze, my ingame name is L4Gx and will be L4G on launch folks,
    adzce1897 might be best to send them on pm's if anyone wants them saves people trying used codes :D