1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Lan Party Sponsors Wanted

Discussion in 'General' started by VeNoM JaCKaL, 16 Nov 2012.

1. VeNoM JaCKaL

VeNoM JaCKaL L4D2 nom nom time!

Hi there Bit-tech community.

I work for a school within Birmingham as an ICT technician that will be setting up a stall for the forthcoming Christmas Fair which will take place on the 7th of December 2012. Just as a course of gathering information and some insight I was wondering if anyone within the Bit-Tech community has had successful experience in trying to obtain merchandise, promotional material, equipment for stalls, LAN parties for social events.

A year ago when we first started this venture, a colleague and I visited a few Game and Gamestation stores to try and obtain such objects including a full sized statue of Gaz and Mastercheif from the Call of Duty and Halo series. At most of the stores we were promptly turned down. Other than obtaining a few posters out of pity we did not get much for our previous event (2011). As with any sequels we are trying to make this event bigger and better and are hoping to incorporate more posters, visual displays and perhaps even tournament prizes for the students and visitors to our stall.

The school has gone through a tremendous revolution and its setting up events like this that helps to strengthen the bond of student teacher relationships. As well as gathering support from the life blood of gaming industry that we all hold so dear to our heart.

Overall Outstanding School of The year 2011/2012
    Outstanding Secondary School of the Year 2011/2012

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Would need more details, size of event, what will happen there etc.

LSUCS LANs (lan.lsucs.org.uk) are now in the process of getting some sponsorship, it's not an easy thing.
    I would just email out to companies saying you're doing this event, give them details etc and ask if they'd be interested in sponsoring it in any way.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Try Microsoft. I'm sure they'd love to send you some promo stuff for Surface - especially as you're a school - and may even send you a rep to show off a demo unit.

4. VeNoM JaCKaL

We are using about 60 machines over two class rooms with the partition wall being removed for a duration of three hours. There will be four projectors used showcasing the games so they can be viewed by visitors. As its a secondary school we cannot play anything above 16 age limit.

We have the following games available: Halo, Team Fortress 2, Street Fighter IV, Need for Speed Most Wanted and Fifa 12. Any help in sponsorship would be much appreciated.

Here is a picture of the smaller event that happened last year.

[​IMG]

5. VeNoM JaCKaL

I'm fairly sure that if I was to ask Microsoft they would not actually send someone. I have messaged them anyway just out of pure hope that they may send some promotional material for Microsoft Games. Especially as we will be playing Halo and its all for a good cause. As well as having a fair amount of Microsoft Licensing being a school

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

This is an awesome idea. I hope things get better. Wish i had something like this when i was at school.

Which school is this taking place at? My girlfriend works at a secondary school in Birmingham. She has high praises for the IT Guys.

7. VeNoM JaCKaL

Thank you for your support. It's Perry Beeches The Academy. The school has won a quite few awards over the last few years such as TES and I really want to help raise some money for the school. There will be about five technicians including myself that will be taking part in setting up the event which will take place during the Christmas Fayre held there on the 7th of December.

Last year was an amazing success but we want to showcase more PC technology as well making it a more organized and a bigger event. Especially as we now have the floor space