1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Chivalry:Medieval Warfare

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jasio, 11 Nov 2012.

1. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Anyone currently playing this?

It is quite hilarious and addictive as a quick drop-in hack and slash game that's quite brutal (in a good way).

NSFW Video of game play (mostly NSFW due to language, and some decapitations). But hilariously nonetheless:

This is one of those games were having friends + voice chat is quite fun.

2. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

This was an instant purchase for me when i saw the gameplay. I didn't care if it was bad it just looked hilarious :hehe: . It is the type of game I wished someone would create when I was younger, haven't managed to put that many hours into it though. Guess it would be much more fun playing with mates like you said.

Nothing like charging into a fight screaming and then cutting some poor soul's head clean off.

3. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Oh it is quite hilarious. The random taunting, and gore is just cake.

4. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yes i have it. Bought it from the humble store for $18. Fun with friends definitely. Large scale games sometimes just descend into chaos though, hard to keep team work going. Much prefer medium sized games maybe around 20 - 30 players.

Fun game for the price would advise it if you are looking for a something to play. The combat is really quite good.

5. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Got it a couple of days ago and really good fun when it's going well, very satisfying to dodge attacks and take them out with a single blow of a greatsword.

The game could probably do with a bit more polish (it's noticeable different in feel from a game made by a large developer) but the gameplay itself is very well done.

6. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Just bought a four pack, so I have 3 to shift anyone interested at £7.12 PayPal gift?
    Edit; all gone!

Last edited: 27 Nov 2012
  7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Sure, sent pm

8. October

October Mariachi Style

Absolutely! Also Pm'd!

9. Stickeh

10. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

So is this an online game?

What's the objective of the game?

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

There are a few modes...

1. Team Deathmatch - One team tries to beat the other team - no respawns.

2. Team Objective - One team defends, the other attacks. The attacking team have to complete a set of objectives like 'Burn the Village' or 'Get the Battering Ram to the gate' or 'Kill the King' etc. The defending team have to stop them. There are re-spawns.

3. Free For All - Kill as many people as you can - there are re-spawns.

There are various weapon load-outs to use, you unlock better ones as you go.

There is a Single Player tutorial mode where you get to try out the different classes and weapons.

Hope this helps!

Tibby likes this.
  12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Cheers Jedra!

13. Stickeh

Team Objective is definitely the most fun. On one level as Jedra explains you have three objectives;
    1. Burn the Village / Kill the Villagers
      First spawn, quite an easy task as the village means a large area-of-play. Using Oil Pots (think molotovs) to burn the village, and whacking the heads off of villagers (AI) - mostly stationary or running a set route.
    2. Move the Battering Ram (and knock on the castle door)
      Bit like TF2 push the cart - quite hectic play, and the spawns have changed which gives the Blue team access to giant crossbows (forget the name) and they spawn in the castle so height advantage to archers!. Even worse when the battering ram has reached the door, as now area of play is concentrated to a small 10m area and one swing of a long weapon can be fatal for enemies and team mates! Not considering that Blue team at this point can use the boiling oil above the gates to great effect!
    3. Kill the False King!
      Storming the castle and pushing to the throne room via the courtyard, the throne sits at the back and one player on the Blue team ( I believe it's the top scoring player) takes the role of the king. Kill the False King to win. Tight play area again with walkways / courtyard to fight it out in.

Other Team Objectives just as good and very cinematic, what with massive trebuchets going off either side of you!

14. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Just picked this up and I absolutely love it!