1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Blade Desk V2 - Finished

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bladesingerz, 3 Nov 2012.

1. elAwesome

elAwesome What's a Dremel?

Looks really cool so far!
    I love desk PCs :)

The fans look fantastic, can you tell me which model they are? Thanks!

2. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Thanks ElAwesome!

They are Enermax T.B. Apollish Red 120mm, they are very silent and have a great price to! :thumb:

3. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Lighting

So I've been waiting for this package from a Chinese eBay Shop and it finally arrived!

I was really wondering how good it would function since it was only 20€! I found this really cheap, the order contained 10 connectors, a RGB controller, power supply, a RGB remote and 5meters of RGB leds. It also included free shipping, it took 3 weeks to get here, not bad for this price.

[​IMG]
    These are the connectors I got, I thought they would work but I got the 8mm version of these RGB strips and these connectors are for the 10mm version. :wallbash: what a waste.
    [​IMG]

Time to turn it on and test it.
    [​IMG]

It looked really good, I was surprised to be honest.
    This is the RGB remote and you can make every colour with the touch of the button, worked fine untill I touched the red and green button, they are wrong :sigh:
    So when I touch the Red colours they turn green and visa versa, quite odd, I'm not sure if its a faulty remote or a faulty controller. All in all, not bad for a 20€ purchase.
    [​IMG]

I then started work on mounting the controller to the desk, I wanted to mount it behind the front I/O so it would be a little hidden. I got a piece of velcro and glued it to the controller and desk, that way I could replace the controller if it ever went faulty.
    [​IMG]

After that it was it was time for the RGB strip to be positioned, it had a self-adhesive on the back so mounting it was easy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Turning it all on, looked perfect.
    [​IMG]

Thats all for today, I'll make some nice shots of the LED's in action when I got some spare time, I must say it looks amazing so far.

~Bladesingerz

Last edited: 2 Dec 2012
  4. soulbadguy1

soulbadguy1 What's a Dremel?

what is the dimensions of the desk i love it so much.i would like to make 1 just like that

5. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

My old desk was 1000mm wide 600 mm deep and the new desk is 1838 mm x 700 mm, the glass is 1838 mm x 500 mm.
    Best advice I can give is plan ahead for wiring, positioning of hardware such as pumps and buttons. and room for your legs is the best thing since slices bread! :)
    Good luck with yours, I'm already in love with mine ;)

6. soulbadguy1

how much to make me 1 like that.my pc is on youtube The White Diablo 1.2 give it a look and get back to me

7. soulbadguy1

do u have any new pic.if yes send me it pl

8. soulbadguy1

i know im a pain in the ass but how did u order ur mdf in inch or mm

9. dotdrew

dotdrew What's a Dremel?

So much empty space in there, you could fit a whole other PC in!

Joking aside, love the look of the LED strip, can't wait to see some pictures of it once you've got the glass on top of it.

10. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

I would love to make you one but I wouldn't have a clue how to ship it to you! I've looked at your pc, I really like the case you have!
    Price wise I probably spend something around 250€ for the building materials.
    I've used 18mm MDF (wich would be 0.71Inch?), I really wouldn't advice anything smaller than that for this length. I drew out every MDF part including the sawing of the big MDF sheet, if you want to take a look at them I could upload them for you :)

Thanks! The LED look amazing in the dark, I'll have some new pictures soon!

So yeah the right side of the desk feels kind of empty, I'm still brain storming about what I could put there. I've already considerd putting watercooled HDD's there, I'm always open to suggestions !
    The middle of the desk will be filled soon! I've decided to order 2 more tube reservoirs, so a total of 3 reservoirs will be sitting in the middle :rock:

So I don't have a real update at this moment since I'm waiting for something new from EK!
    Ek has announced that they will release a new full cover motherboard block for the Crosshair V! I'm really praying that they make a plexi + nickel version this time!

~Bladesingerz

11. soulbadguy1

yes upload pl

12. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Here you go, you'll need 2 sheets of MDF for this and I'm pritty sure there will be a better way to saw these out.
    [​IMG]

Update!

Just a small update though, since I'm having examinations this week I don't have allot of time to work on the desk, but I really wanted to close up the top of the desk so I started on it anyway.
    First I drilled a hole in the top plate so all the wiring can pass trough.
    [​IMG]

Removing everything and replacing the HDD's, not very satisfied with there position at the moment though, problem is that my Sata connectors are just to short! I'll have to put that on my to do list...
    [​IMG]

Finally, as promised, a picture of the desk with all the lighting on. Didn't have my tripod near me so its not a perfect HD picture.
    [​IMG]

Very small update but progress it progress!
    On a side note, I orderd some extra fittings and the 2 tube reservoirs today :clap: ! Can't wait till be examinations are over and I can get some more work done!

~Bladesingerz

13. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Shinies Part 2

On friday I recieved a very nice package containing more goodies!
    [​IMG]

EK-PSC Adapter 90 degree G1/4 Black and Nickel
    [​IMG]
    Koolance G1/4 Extender, Male-Female 20mm
    [​IMG]
    Bitspower Multi-Link Adapter - Silver Shining
    [​IMG]
    And finally the big thing, 2 more Phobya Balancer 450 silver nickel! :rock:
    [​IMG]

Tubes

With all the new connectors and tubes I was finnaly ready to drain the loop and instal the new reservoirs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First thing you do after getting new stuff and drained your loop is...play with everything! I thought I would try out some of the acryl. I tried to make a connection between the GPU and CPU with the acryl tubes but as you can see they don't allign. I think they can be alligned with some extra connectors, but thats for later.
    [​IMG]

Time to get this show on the road, I started with putting the extenders on the fillports to the tubing would go straight into the radiator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then replaced every Feser Red tubing with regular tube I found in a local store, I really wanted clear tubing again. After putting everything together I leak tested the tubes together with the acyrl, this was the first time I used these and I must say, I'm impressed by them.
    [​IMG]

It was time to fill everything up, a friend of mine came over to help me with the filling and together with my father we filled all the tubes with distilled water and started the pump. We had to refill it several times, it had to run for several houres to get all the air out.
    In total we nearly used 4 liters of distilled water! :jawdrop:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After getting everything filled up I started to add Mayham red, this was my first time using dyes and I think it won't be my last, I started adding dye drop by drop and waited some time to let it spread trough the hole system.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An houre later after adding the last dye It turned into the best collour I could wish for! Beautifull dark red.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saved the best for last, I absolutely love this shot.
    [​IMG]

Thats it for this week!
    ~Bladesingerz

14. dotdrew

dotdrew What's a Dremel?

Loving the three reservoirs, looks top notch. How's the flow rate with that much tubing?

15. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Thanks Dotdrew, the flow rate in the reservoir looks terrible at first sight but the dye mixed well so there must be some flow in there. In the rest of the loop everything flows perfect, I even use a Low Flow CPU block at the end wich i thought was going to ruin everything but it seems ok.

16. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

wauw, looking good!

17. soulbadguy1

how deep is the desk

18. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Thanks K.3nny!

The desk is 19cm/7,5inch deep.

19. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

HD Shoot 1

Since I finished my examinations on monday and had the hole week off I thought me and my sister would have some fun with photographing the desk in HD :)
    But first! We say our goodbyes to the old Blade Desk, who is retiring in the basement or possibly the woodchipper...
    [​IMG]

Time for some nice pictures! The desk isn't finished yet but I thought it was worth the effort to get some nice pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for this week!
    ~Bladesingerz

20. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Its been a while since I updated my build and thats because I moved to the USA for my 5 month internship!
    The Blade Desk V2 has been sitting idle for some time now and the only action it has seen has been my father browsing the web on it. But I haven't been sitting idle, I have been gathering some new shinies in the USA, and I must say, hardware is cheaper here!

First thing I bought is a new PSU, a Cooler Master 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid! New Egg had a great deal going on so I bought it for 200$ and I'll get an other 60$ back in 10 weeks!

[​IMG]
    First thing I noticed was that this box is heavy! Lots of good stuff inside, we instantly see the beast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lots of connection options available.
    [​IMG]

The cable bag has a nice feel to it and will sure keep everything together.
    [​IMG]
    All cables are black, I persenally don't like them a lot but I continue to use my BitFenix sleeved cables so that doesn't really matter to me.
    [​IMG]

An other thing I bought is a second and 3th GTX580! Yes I will be going triple SLI when I get back from the USA, I look forward to the awesome looks and power from it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is also the first time I got a backplate for a GPU and I really like it, I definitely will buy 2 more back plates for my other GPU's.
    [​IMG]

Thats its for now! See you next update!

Bladesingerz