1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA releases Crysis 3 system requirements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 Dec 2012.

1. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

I think you are right on target. Crysis was the ultimate standard of quality, and was considered ahead of its time, hence building rigs according to how many FPS you could get, and this seems like they want to recover that laurel.

2. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

Somehow I can't see 8GB RAM being necessary.

3. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

Hm? I like playing Crysis/Crysis 2 single-player. Sure, the aliens are a bit annoying, but its not that bad and I personally had fun with it. Not to mention its absolutely beautiful to hear and look at. Sure, I installed it for benchmarking purposes, but I nevertheless enjoyed it.

Secondly, the CryEngine is beginning to see some traction with third-party devs (The big one for me is Star Citizen), so I expect first-party games to remain firmly of the tech-demo/developer template orientation, but even then, I expect Crytek will learn and improve gameplay in subsequent releases. I for one can't wait to toy around with the bow in Crysis 3....

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'll put my money on any Sandy Bridge quad core and GTX570 or higher (and whatever the AMD equivalents are) will chomp their way through this game at 1080p with full detail.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it needs more than that, we need hardware killers on the PC (as long as they're well optimised hardware killers - I'm looking at you GTA4 :grr:)

5. Deders

Deders Modder

Are you using Vsync? If so try using D3DOverrider to enable triple buffering. I'm getting more than 30FPS with everything on high with a 560TI, although it is smoother if i turn MSAA off, FXAA is enabled by default if post processing is set high enough.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

never completed crysis 2 yet dout ill buy crysis 3

Crysis 1 was great till it got to the inside sections then the game became like everything else 1 route only.

EA will probably start using the cryengine for need for speed games ect

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Apparently there is a issue with Vsync, and AA etc in that you turn the Vsync off in the game but it messes up the driver profile for Nvidia cards and also the AA need's to be turned off in the game and enabled using the Nvidia Drivers, so I will be trying it when I finish work.

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Nah they won't. CryEngine belongs to Crytek, not EA. EA use Frostbite 2 already in just about everything.

I'm looking forward to this. A nice blend of what I enjoyed in both Crysees plus a predator mode. Crysi? Whatever the plural is.

9. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

If they can bring back some of the game play from Crysis 1 then I'd look forward to this and upgrade the rig if necessary.

But having played Crysis 2 last year, I found that I got bored with it quickly, but still managed to complete it, I found it was too linear and not like the sandbox of Crysis 1.

10. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Call of Crysis 2 bored me but the first one was pretty cool. Looks like I make the recommended this time, but quite far away from the 'high' settings.

11. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

if you look at the recommended system requirements on the link it says quad core GPU :D:hehe:

12. djab

djab What's a Dremel?

I7 920 will be just fine.

No!
    If you are not sure, just push it naturally to 4ghz and it will be just fine :) .

For info a i7 920 at 4.2ghz equals a i7 3770k:
    http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=29402&all=1

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Maybe it's only the disc version. Although I've got Crysis Warhead on Steam, and it's got both 32bit and 64bit versions.

In the steam folder for the game, there should be a Bin32 folder and Bin64 folder, Bin64 contains the 64bit version.

*EDIT*

Apparently steam pulled the 64bit version of Crysis.

Weird how they left it for Warhead.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Cryengine belongs to crytek who belong to EA

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Sad but probably true. It's a little bittersweet looking at system requirements for casual amusement rather than wondering what kind of settings I'll need to run at.

16. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

I can run this puppy at no prob at all.

17. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Lord - even I'm just over the minimum spec, and I never shoot for much beyond being able to play older games at decent detail (running a PII X3 @ 3.2, 8GB RAM, and a GTS450 factory OC'd to 850.)

Incidentally, how the hell did they ever fully test the first Crysis? Seemed like it was better than a year after it came out before even the bleeding-edgers had boxes that could turn the details all the way up at 1080 - what sort of supercomputer did Crytek have that let them even playtest it in the first place?

18. atlas

atlas What's a Dremel?

Me neither I will believe it when I see it using 8gb of my RAM.

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

System requirements aren't bad now they just need to make a decent game unlike the generic pap Crysis 2 was.

20. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

mmm im still not that excited.. much more tho hearing its dx11 only, half the joy was having the game run smoothly since they crytek used to only be on the cutting edge, well others were and crytek was 2miles past that line, with their games. now they just look like this generation of graphics...

crysis 2 never gave me that, wow, i never seen graphics like this before... the rocks, the sand, the faces when u choke them... and i feel crysis 3 is also not gonna super wow us.

it will be ahead of everything maybe... but not out of sight ahead like they used to be. here's hoping....