1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Lots of expletives. Just had to get the hell out before major rage. Just had a full on, unfair rape. About 6 blue tracers hitting me all at once with multiple other more dangerous targets, wtf is that?! Idiots can piss me off but **** like that is unnecessary, it's not like it was the end and i was the only one alive either, this was right at the start. Fairly lucky the instant quit caused a crash as I might have broken things.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah i tend to quit if im having a bad night, there seems to be days where the game just decides...nope your not winning tonight....loss loss loss loss loss etc...
    2moz we should simply pull out a troll toon, an win more matches single handedly ( watched the replay where we got 11 kills...we damaged EVERY enemy tank they had :D )

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

But for every god awefull match there is often a stunning match, like this morning on el halluf, in my tiger 2, we were the defenders, but half of us went on the attack! it paid off, we creamed them and swooped round the back past their start point cutting down their arty. then we looped back towards our base and finished off the remainder.

I got 5 kills, 45k silver and 3500 exp. awesome! :)

4. Risky

Risky Modder

The the gold from registering the phone I stuck summer camo on the T1 Cunningham & T18 TD. 90 pence in all and they do look bling :cooldude: If you're keeping low tier tanks it is quite tempting.

5. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Unfortunately that's pretty much the case with all Tier 8 and above vehicles.

Heading into battle without an upgraded high tier vehicle is likely to lead to lots of frustration and name calling from team mates :(

That's why I always save up freexp before unlocking a new vehicle so I can put some upgrades in it ASAP.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I say those team mates can go do one! Free EXP takes ages to generate unless converted with gold from elite vehicles and grinding upgrades is part of the core game.

As an example, you if you take a tier 8 tiger 2, you can often end up in tier 10 games, bottom of the tree. Buying an E75 gives you access to some upgrades carried over from the tiger 2 and ofc you get all the benefits of enhanced armour thickness, a reasonable gun, more HP etc. So you are still better off than you would be in the tiger 2, even if the E75 is not at its 100% upgraded status.

People who would name call for such a reason can eat my shiny metal ass!!! Those people need to play clan/tank companies, where there is some control over who brings what tank. Random is exactly what it says on the tin... for better or worse.

Personally, to speed up the process for my own benefit I would choose to convert free XP but it is, exactly that, a choice.
    But for every time a team is affected by having an un-upgraded tank on team there are also times where you benefit from having them as an opponent.
    On top of that, even having a fully upgraded tank is of little benefit if that person can’t drive it correctly, does not work as a team etc. One person is rarely the reason for a loss, just the focus of needless community aggression driven by ignorance.

On my ell Halluf battle today, the defending TD’s were screaming at us, call us noobs, telling us to move back and defend etc. But we won, we lived, the screaming TDs died through **** positioning, and worse, they were wrong...

7. balatro2005

balatro2005 Minimodder

Been reading this thread for a while never had a game worth posting till now. Just had a amazing game in my T29. Look at all the awards :)

[​IMG]

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

That unfortunately is the singlest biggest problem with WoT right now - the player community is one of the least patient and most hostile to new players that I have seen in over 30 years of gaming.

Still, that's why we have clans like DoW - so we can play with decent people rather than ranting loons.

P.S. I still think a stock tier 8 or stock 9 is a lot more miserable to play than a stock lower tier vehicle.

Oh, and very nice game balatro2005 :thumb:

I see you're still buying premium ammo with gold rather than credits though?

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Indeed! And a fine bunch to be sure :)

I just wish there was a way to hide all the text chat that appears in the game! if I could "mute" the text of them it would be ideal.

I actually agree, it is a bit of a chore, I guess because the EXP requirements are significantly more, take the Tier 10 gun on the JP2, it requires 63k EXP to unlocked and 16k for the tracks to support its weight with the top engine, that’s 89k EXP, that as much if not more EXP than require for a tier 6/7 tank on just 2 modules!

But it more just the point that when you unlock a new tanks, a lot of people will be keen to buy and use the tank they have been working for, something that causes much less a problem with the lower tiers, as you have pointed out. And the only way to earn reasonable EXP (if you’re not converting from elite) is to earn EXP in the tank in question and grind it.

In my case, the JP2 has been a tank of stories, if I am top of the tree I love it, because now I am just a more heavily armoured JP with a better pool of HP. If I am at the bottom of the tree then it can be painful! But that’s random for you, the clan could discourage me from using the JP2 until fully pimped, and I would oblige because I know the tight knit reliance tank companies have. But in a random game, you take your chances!

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

It's not the new player most have a problem with, it's the players in tier 6 and above who still haven't a clue how to play and show little or no interest in learning. Players by that point will have played hundreds of battles and can hardly be regarded as new.

If you haven't got some basic idea of how to play by the time you've fully upgraded your tier 5 you should GTFO cos you're only going to get abuse for wasting everyone's time and credits.

Also a tip for avoiding abuse, don't type Siema or Siemka at the start of a battle. Team mates don't like knowing they're about to lose before they've even begun.;)

Last edited: 5 Dec 2012
  11. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I'd noticed this. For some inexplicable reason, whichever side says Siema first, loses.

12. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I think the lemming train has just grown stronger. In most of my T26E4 matches, I am expected to hold one side with another heavy and maybe a TD, while everyone else goes rushing off to one side and being blown to bits, because they then all sit stationary waiting for the enemy to shoot them. Every T8-9 match seems to be going that way as of late.
    I only managed some decent battles in mt T-43 and A13...

Although, sometimes teammates can spew useful info, but only sometimes.

13. Risky

Risky Modder

Well 900 games in and still dithering about my first tier 5. After trying the game I took a look and couldn't see that the game offered more to me if I rushed ahead other that having bigger tanks against players with even bigger tanks.

14. lilgoth89

you sir clearly have never seen ebay accounts
    was one on the other day when i went looking for a WOT Tshirt ( yes ebay has those to ) and found an account 2x TeirX tanks ( is7 and t110e5 ) couple of teir IX, and the T34 premium tank
    for £40...kinda annoyed me, coz ive probs put about that much into the game as it stands...and ive only got to teir8 ( did try teir 9 but thats on the back burner till i can gather some free xp for the E75 engine )

also about the old 'going into high teir matches with stock tank' although you are in theory in a better positon to take a stock e75 vs tiger2, in reailiy if i took the tiger2 we would have had an extra teir 9 tank or the match would be balanced different, and that extra teir9 might be an elite E75 with hundreds of games under its belt, and benifit the team more, or it could be a stock is8 and significantly hurt the teams chances of winning...so you can see both sides of the coin on the matter, if some godly horror ''accidentally'' put all the stock tanks on one side, unless they were REAL experts, you team starts at an enormous disadvantage, that is one thing i HATE about the MM,
    also dragon ridge appears on my game list a little TO often recently

as does the map which shall not be named....and i always seem to start from the northen end >_<

also about the map that will not be named, on the RU server there is a thred stating that it MIGHT end up getting the same rotation as province ( aka low teir battles only ) someone said they hate it and it should be relegated and a mod / dev said that it was in fact a good idea as the map was originally intended to serve the old US tech tree and give them a map where they can face up to the russian med heavys ( AKA use the terrain to go hull down and use the gun depression )

15. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

That just proves how fracking idiotic their map designers are as even then that playstyle is only available to US tanks that spawn in the southern base, not the 'you're going to lose' northern base :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

16. lilgoth89

well i guess the community didnt play many oldstlye american tanks as you have sod all hull armour, and its very situational, so they make a map that lends itslelf well to its playstyle and no1 likes it
    also you on mumble ? need your scan knowledge to recommend me a headset :) ( they should start paying you commision on this stuff XD )

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I have 2,065 battles under my belt now, with just 48% victories, although I suspect that will rise now I am in the DoW clan. :) My hit ratio (accuracy?) is also increasingly slowly but surely, up to 59% now, will be happy if I get to 70% or more.

Long guf about the e-75 to follow:
    I am just 15k off the research for the E-75, although I think I will actually hold off getting one for the moment, not only because of the 3.6 mill cost of the base tank!

The E-75 is interesting, in that IMO, because it’s already slow, not having the top engine (the maybach HL 295 ausf. A) will probably make you a bit of a target to arty! That engine is 50k EXP, which in Isolation is not that bad, but the tracks are another 25k, and the upgraded turret is another 25k. It does however share the top Gun for the Tiger 2, the 10.5cm KwK 46 L/68, so if you did research it on the tiger 2, then you already have the second from top gun for the E-75. However, in order to use it, you need the upgraded tracks and turret.
    I think it’s probably worth the risk of going E-75 if you have 50k of free XP ready or 50k your willing to convert with gold and going the Tracks & turret combined with the 10.5 if unlocked from the tiger 2. The extra armour on the upgraded turret IMO would be very important and with the tier 9 gun you could still damage the other tier 9 tanks. It would make it much more viable than stock.

Obviously you would still be arty bait but not all matches have arty so the risk is yours to take. I think however, that really to get the most out of it and lessen the overall grid, you should use 100k free EXP, so you can get the top engine as well, then your only left over weakness is that you lack the top gun, which when you already have everything else, is less of a chore to grind at the remaining 63k...

If you were to wait, you’d need 163k of free/converted EXP to hit the E-75 at full upgrade (assume you fully upgraded the tiger 2 that is) which would cost 6520 gold in conversion rate, which at current gold costs, would be about £23. Converting 50k, or short cutting as I suggested would cost 2000 gold, about 7-8 quid and would give you a good edge over stock. Whether that edge would be enough, as in the example lilgoth89 has given is another question!

Back to normal:
    With the German JP1 to JP2 TD transition, you don’t have to worry about a turret and there is no extra layer of engine, so all you need is the is 15k EXP for tracks and the 63k 12.8 top gun, so at “only” 78k, so it’s a lot faster a climb to a fully upgrade the JP2 than it is to a fully upgrade e-75.

Either way, it will be nice to have an elite Tiger 2, since it has just reach the top spot of most used tanks on my stats page. This is especially good because the Tank companies in our clan seem to always be made up of mainly tier 8 tanks :)

18. lilgoth89

with the E75 you can mount the tiger2s top gun and the 2nd engine instantly, but you need the tracks to mount the turret, the engine can also fit in without the tracks ( i think )

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Due to the introduction of the Tier 10 mediums and gold ammo for credits, I think going down the heavy route (apart from the T110E5 and maybe IS-7) is a frustrating path. The Tier 10 mediums can, player skill/ability being equal, run rings around the T10 heavies. The armour of the heavies has become irrelevant with the T10 mediums and the sheer number of arty per side that can mostly one shot a T10 heavy.

20. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You can fit them, but are they enough in isolation without the turret?

Agree with Fingers66, high tier mediums can make life a misery for heavies. Although it seems better in the patching between 7.1 anf 8.1 if I am not mistaken?