1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Which Dyson?

Discussion in 'General' started by longweight, 9 Dec 2012.

1. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Guys, do NOT buy a dyson!.

Get a henry hoover, it's the ak-47 of vacuums. It is impossible to break, can hold different types of bag and doesn't matter too much if you suck up water.

We have one at work, Our only one has lasted over 11 years whilst countless others have died. It's been dropped, dragged and punished and still works like new.

[​IMG]

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

^ What he said. That's the other half of the story I told in my previous post - compared to Dyson cleaners, the Henry blows them all away. The school that I'm working in bought four of them in September on my recommendation and the cleaning staff think they're amazing. I was amazed that they hadn't had them before now!

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I know that Henry vacuum cleaners are very hard wearing, shame that they are rubbish at sucking up dust.

4. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Feather duster...nuff said :p

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Which Dyson? Doesn't really matter they all suck...

/gets coat, heads for door.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Well I hope they suck, else they would be ventilators.

8. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

You could say that about anything though, if you don't maintain it, it won't perform.

Washable lifetime filters vs having to buy new ones. I know which I'd pick. And if someone isn't 'technically minded' enough to pop open the filter housing (clearly labeled on the machine and in the manual) and give them a rinse under the tap then they in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to have their own vacuum; let alone house that needs cleaning :hehe:

9. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

We have a Dyson DC19T2 Cylinder, GF says its awesome.....totally destroys our old bagless upright.

10. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

Kirby Vaccuums are still the best

11. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I bought a DC24 about a year and a half ago. It's fine, works great. Gets black cat hair off a cream carpet without effort and hasn't needed much maintenance apart from a filter clean because it was something to do.

The VAX floor vac is a pain in the arse, as is the Numatic/Henry vacuum. They lack beater brushes, which means fur is a pain to get out of the carpet and the hose on the Numatic kept pulling out.

12. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Electrolux Z2257AZ - POWERLITE Pet Lover Bagged Upright Cleaner

I've had mine for over 5 years and only had to replace the drive belt once- bags are dirt cheap too. Best damn hoover I've ever owned or used.

The issue with Dysons ( I use one at work ) is the million tiny holes in the lower part of the cyclon assembly get clogged with dust and hair etc, then it won't suck up jack shite, especially on short pile carpets ( office kinda carpet ). If you have longer pile carpet, then it'll tear the carpet pile up and clog itself that way instead ( as my Nan found out a few years back & had to return it and buy something else within a week of buying it ).

It may be well built and have a good warranty ( near worthless- all electronics of that nature are covered by the sale of goods act ), but no hoover is worth as much as Dyson charge, that's just silly money.

13. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

meile are king of hoovers!

14. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

also +rep for this..

15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Last edited: 12 Dec 2012
  16. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

^This..... My folks bought a Kirby G5 about 12 years ago and it's an absolute monster. It has tech-drive due to the fact that once it sucks down on your carpet, it's almost impossible to push. So it needs a motor to drive the wheels.

A neat trick is when you remove the main handle and attach the top of the bag to the base, as the bag inflates it kicks into gear and drives itself (extension cord permitting!).

18. monteur

monteur What's a Dremel?

i highly recommend this one: Siemens VSZ31455 ! own myself, and very happy and good value for money!

19. xrain

xrain Minimodder

They also make a Dyson look like an absolute bargain.

We had a Kirby salesman come and do a pitch to us a few weeks ago.
    It all sounded excellent until we started talking price, and she talked about all the great financing options they had for it! :eyebrow:

The price we were quoted was
    $2,850

20. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

My mate spent a summer demoing them, lots of people got their floors thoroughly cleaned but I don't think he sold a single unit.