1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Wrist Watches - show us yours!

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 31 Jul 2008.

?

Watch Types?

1. Analog Hand Watch

222 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Digital Hand Watch

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Digital + Analog

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. don't wear one

73 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

You can get it directly from Seagull at the cheapest price. I've sent you the details in a PM.

I was impatient, and wanted the option for customs-cleared shipping because Indian customs are notorious for pilfering and being generally slow, so I ordered it from watchunique.com

The one place you *don't* want to order from is seagull1963.com, because it's stupidly overpriced there.

Also, keep in mind that the watch is available with a flat sapphire crystal and a domed acrylic crystal. I prefer the authentic look of the domed acrylic to the raised bezel of the sapphire-topped version, but YMMV. Make sure you know what you're ordering, though.

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just 5, but only have box-space for 4

Does anyone have any experience with these winder/boxes?
    http://www.thegiftery.co.uk/jewelle...-stripe-lining-70609&utm_campaign=froogle#269

I've seen them on John Lewis before, which in my mind makes them seem at least somewhat reputable for some reason. I have a Rapport single right now, which is great, but I'd sooner buy a new watch than the Rapport cabinet with a similar format to the one linked above.

3. stonedsurd

I'm a little wary of overwinding my watches, so if I'm not wearing one of the autos, I just let it run down. I'm not so lazy that a little time/date setting action puts me off :p

4. Mister_Tad

At one point I was wearing the same automatic every day, 7 days per week - pretty sure there's protection in place to prevent over-winding! (same with manual winds)

I'm pretty sure that "bricks with regular use" wouldn't be acceptable feature on any watch in the £1000+ category :p

5. stonedsurd

Sorry, what I meant when I said "over winding" was the wear and tear that comes with constant motion. Wearing a watch 16 hours a day for a year necessitates a servicing and re-lube within about 3 years (on the safe side, but usually not more than 5 years).

If you have a watch that's winding (and consequently running) 24/7, either on your wrist or in a winder, you are just decreasing the time between inspections.

I know its overcautious, and I probably wouldn't care about doing it with a Seiko or Miyota, but I would be pretty cagey about doing it with a Rolex/JLC/Omega.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Following on from this, I also love the PRS516:

[​IMG]

Between the two, I like the PRS more than the PR, but I will probably end up with the PR because it's more understated looking, which I think makes it a more suitable every day wear watch.

Which model is this?

7. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

J376/476

8. Mister_Tad

Ah, that makes more sense.

I hadn't thought of it that way - all I know is how stupid I feel when someone asks the time and I glance at the watch to realise it's 8 hours ago (or three days ago) because I've grabbed a watch in a hurry and not noticed that it's dead... and then when I've reset the time I still have the date 12 hours off..

9. stonedsurd

10. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

Picked up my new Tissot Tradition this afternoon, is beautiful!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grandads initials on the back.

11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Soooo, Tissot good then?
    Because I've had my eye on this since seeing it in a shop window in Bern:

[​IMG]

I like it because it has an unnecessarily big unabbreviated day of the week indicator :)

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I quite like the day indicator, reminds me of an old train station for some reason. :)

13. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

Tissot are great Swiss watches, and unique! They have some great perpetual movements, couldn't be more happy with mine :D

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I seem to remember the consensus about Tissot is decent, but overpriced. At similar money for the auto's you can get better.

But, most importantly, if you like 'em, buy 'em. :thumb:

15. stonedsurd

Tissot is actually on the reasonable end of the spectrum for ETA-powered Swiss autos. But they're largely boring and safe, so I'd shop around for something with a little more soul. Even Hamiltons :lol:

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm looking at a Mondaine watch, I love the second-hand indicator. The question is, are they any good? I.e. durable, good time-keeping? I've read a review which mentions any with a date indicator on have to be reset at the end of each month.

17. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Had this Maurice Lacroix watch for 2 1/2 years now, automatic, swiss made and also not too big which I quite like. Worn it most days since then so been a bit battered but has lasted very well.

[​IMG]

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I love Tissot, and have had one (Titanium T-Touch Expert) on my wrist more or less every day for the past 3 1/2 months now - and have no intention of stopping! You won't be disappointed, they do know how to make a very good watch :thumb:

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

My current watch is an iPod Nano (the small square one) in a LunaTik watchstrap case

20. TheTourist

TheTourist Minimodder

Not having as much money as I'd like, I have to stick to a cheap one for now. But that's not always bad, I've got a Timex Easy Reader - love how subtle it is.

[​IMG]