1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs The games I'd like to unplay

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 13 Dec 2012.

1. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

Deadliest Catch for xbox....don't get me started!

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

+1million

3. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

MGS 1 when masterchief is actually liquid.. wowzer! in that japanese cheesy cool way!

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

FEAR 3 was utter crap - I wish I could remove that from my brain.

Since I couldn't stand to play Farcry 2 for more than a couple of hours I suppose it doesn't count.

Ahh, there is Duke Nukem Forever as well...

5. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

Despite pretty nice production values, and being an indie to boot (which is why I hesitate to take a shot at it): Endless Space. It presents itself as a Galactic Civilizations II (which I loved), with nicer graphics, but ultimately bored me to tears as I insisted, forever convinced it wold improve.

The vastly incomprehensible tech tree played a part, as did the dreadfully slow combat in which I continuously had no idea why one card was better than the next. Very very slow game.

It is a big pity because visually it is very accomplished, and makes GalCiv2 seem almost amateurish in appearance. However GalCiv2 was an absolute ball to play, and this was incredibly dull.

6. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Baulder's Gate 1. That was the first ever rpg game I ever played. In fact it was the first ever pc game I ever played. I fell in love and never looked back. Everything was new and emotional. I would unplay every single game I have ever played just to go back to that innocence.

7. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

I'd love to forget most of the games I played on my trusty old Spectrum, FarCry Instinct Predator (Yes, On the Xbox 360), Bioshock 1 and 2 and all the Forza series so I can play them all over again as they all have a special place in my heart...

I'd love to have never played FarCry 2, any of the Final Fantasy games and farm simulator as they are by far the worst games I have ever played in my life

8. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Paper Mario the thousand year door. 30 hours i've wasted on that the last 2 months. I have finally said !NO MORE! Should have knocked it on the head many hours again. God damn waste of time that was.

9. suragh

suragh Derp

Pokemon

10. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Go back and play it again.
    Took me a couple shots.
    But the game is brilliant.

11. halfinched

halfinched What's a Dremel?

My best gaming moment of the year came from xcom. moved all my units bar 1 into cover and set them to overwatch (thank god!) moved last unit to tree line on dash and activated a berserker. ARGH I thought as computer turn arrived. Berserker comes charging at my guy to pound his head into floor only for my entire team to pop their heads up in an awesome display of plasma and laser fire totally blowing the berserker apart. Even the low angle I got to see the charge and repelling fire added to it. I loved the game and then I loved it a little bit more.

I'd like to unplay some of my dota 2 / lol games. It only takes a couple of idiots to make great games utterly excruciatingly painful.

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

just out of interest how did you manage to get around the white background issue ? ive tried installing it on vista / windows 7 ( even in compatibility mode ) and almost all of the ground textures are white :( )

13. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Half-life - the opening sequence is so ingrained in gaming history, so I'd like to experience it again for the first time. I'd also like to see the tentacle monster, experience being rushed by marines and taken in by the excellent (for the time) AI again. Though I'd end my play-through at Xen this time round. (Maybe it's time I tried Black Mesa?)

14. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I had to uninstall it because of a case of 4X addiction! It definitely has its weaknesses, in particular the deathly dull nature of the endgame, but the tech tree is not one of them to me.

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Games to unplay so they can be played again: definitely Demon's and Dark Souls. All the surprises and mysteries would be great to experience all over again.

Games to unplay from complete unenjoyment: Brink, and Pirates Vikings and Knights 2. Didn't enjoy either one in the slightest, despite friends loving them.

16. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I'd like to unplay every COD after COD2, it went from decent WW2 balanced team game...to silly lone wolf crap for kids.

17. omgdec

omgdec Minimodder

would love to take back the time and money i have invested in WoW.

every CoD after Modern Warfare was pretty redundant too..

18. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

BEST MOMENT IN A GAME EVER:

1. Peggle - The Magic Hat and Flippers moment.

If I could replay the time I got magic hat and flippers I would do it. That was ****ing awesome. Me and my housemate at the time were on a total high for days after, it was just. so. awesome.

2. WoW - Illidan Kill

After a month or so of wiping, spending ages refining strategy, honing specific gear, getting everybody we needed on the same page - it was done. Just a perfect Multiplayer moment :)

19. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

I did get as far as the "deathly dull nature of the endgame", having stopped at the deadly dull middlegame. Looks like GC2 is still king.

20. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

FF7...I want to relive that game like it was the first time i saw it all the time.

PLay it once every couple of years and its awesome, but to play it for the first time certainly gave you the this is epic feelings :D

Tags: Add Tags