1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Work begins on Baldur's Gate: Raspberry Pi Edition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Dec 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

It'd be nice if they fixed a few of the bugs that are in the PC version of BG:EE before they moved on to a flippin' RPi version of the game. I've been playing it relentlessly and I *constantly* have to save, quit and re-load in order to go from one area to the next...and there's plenty more where that came from.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/windows-pc

TONS of problems :/

3. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Been playing it nonstop on the ipad since launch day and I agree its absolutely riddled with bugs and issues. Multiplayer is unplayable at the moment (you get around 5 mins of mp time before the guest drops and has to reconnect, then you have to give them back their characters and in game permissions, which takes a good few minutes). Even the single player has so many issues that you are constantly dodging them with workarounds or quicksave/reloading.

Having said that they've done an awesome port with new features of possibly one of the best RPGs of all time. They just need to go on a massive bug squashing spree and try and get it working PROPERLY on the platforms people have paid good money for, than branching out and spreading themselves thinner even more

4. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Yup. Unfortunately, in my case - with the PC version - they haven't done a port at all, which is even MORE infuriating!! Lol.

5. MrJim

MrJim What's a Dremel?

"(CRPG, not an initialism that sees much use these days)"

Err...I think you mean 'acronym'? :)

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

nope it's an initialism... if you say it as a word like SCUBA or RAID it's an acronym, if you just say it as a bunch of letters like NHS or in this case CRPG it's an initialism

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Correctamundo!