1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Budget mini-tower recommendations (rosewill, coolermaster, silverstone in thread)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by simon_C, 17 Dec 2012.

1. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

My old case recently got damaged in shipping and I'm looking for a nice ultra-short mini tower case for my desktop, for under 50$. It doesnt need to be anything special.

I was looking at the Cooler master Elite 341, which seems nice because it has 4 120mm fans and is nice.
    [​IMG]

I was also considering the Rosewill Line-M, which seems to be about the same as the above.
    [​IMG]

Then i found the Silverstone Tek PS08B, which is nice looking and it has a good brand attached to it.
    [​IMG]

Id like to keep it under 50$ because money is tight. Are they any others that can be recommended? any secrets or otherwise good budget mini towers?

2. Booti

Booti Minimodder

I can't find a cooler master 341 listed on their website, so can't really say anything other than I note it doesn't appear to have USB3 on the front.
    The Rosewill does have the USB3 but appears to be limited to just 2 internal hard drives.
    The silverstone has more hard drive space and the USB3, but less cooling (smaller fans at th rear and none side mounted)

3. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

The COOLER MASTER Elite 361 is a compact case for about $40. I don't particular like the case but it's another option for you.

4. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

Not a huge fan of the cooling situation on the 361.

5. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

I'm really leaning towards that rosewill case because i cannot find one of the cooler masters for sale, i already had one go on backorder after i tried to buy it.

6. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Fractal Design Core 1000?

Antec 300?

I have one PC in a Core 1000, and while the build quality is what the price suggests, it's pretty decent. Installing a full width Micro-ATX motherboard was a bit tricky. The front fan is said to be loud, but I've never plugged it in. The Antec 300 is very good, but it might be a bit expensive.

7. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

Well i guess i'm gonna go with that rosewill.