1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reg Shoe, 21 May 2003.

1. Reg Shoe

Reg Shoe What's a Dremel?

i got abit NF7-S rev. 2, with athlon xp 2400 (not installed yet). i want a dual 256 memory sticks, but can't decide which. i want a mushkin memory, but can't tell the diferences between the blue one and the black one. i aint gonna get the basic green. now i got 2 questions:
    1. what speed is best with dual sticks - 2700 or 3200?
    2. is there any big difference between the blue and the black one (+23$ on 2700, +26$ on 3200)?

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

the speed juist depends on wether ou indend on overclocking or not or if you want to keep the memory when you upgrade

the pc2700 would be plenty fast for a 2400+ if you are not overclocking as it is rated at 333mhz and at stock speeds it will run at 266mhz with a 2400+, and it would even work fine if you wanted to overclock it a tidbit. but if you want to do some serious fsb overclocking then go for the pc3200 as that will let you go up to 400mhz fsb withoutany problem (its rated to go 400mhz, but will certainly go higher)

no clue about the colour though :confused:
    possibly the black one has faster timings, like cas2 instead of 2.5 maybe. where are you getting the ram from?

3. Reg Shoe

Reg Shoe What's a Dremel?

i'm getting the ram from a local store here in israel, but i looked up the prices on mushkin official site. i am planning to OC, so ill get the 3200.

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Alot of people views are different on this... The best place where there are geeks is here here