1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U EA blasted for selling the same FIFA game two years in a row

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SimonStern, 7 Oct 2012.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well at the end of the day how many people play fifa on the wii compared to the PS3/X360?

Fifa main selling point is always going to be the 2 main consoles and then the PC market, anyone got the sales/player figures for each system for Fifa 12/13?

Prehaps EA should have waited till the Wii U was released and then launched Fifa 13 for the new console, pretty limited with the Wii.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

There will be a WiiU version, and it will actually be different.

And that's why what you have now as reaction. If you are not going to change anything at least drop the price, or not release it at all.

3. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

One a different not,hopefully, EA is earning loads of money on the fifa franchise, so they can invest in the battlefield series and make it even better :D

4. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

I always thought sports games should be that way. I remember back in the mid 90's playing NBA games and trying to update the rosters as the trades and drafts went through, that only lasted once lol. But I always thought exactly that, new game every 2-3 years and updates to the rosters in between. These days with DLC and internet connections as they are it would be so simple to do. But then they wouldn't be making $60 for the same game.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Some of the responses are a little unexpected. It seems one of the few things people will rip on more than EA is sports gamers. "They like a genre I don't, serves them right" seems to sum it up.

Actually, you don't even need an internet connection for DLC. You can find discs of "DLC" for various games in physical retail shops.

6. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I will buy a new fifa game about every 3-4 years. I have the first one but i have bought 05, 09 and 12.

I find it takes that long to get any noticeable improvements to warrant me buying it. I know people who buy it every single year even if they hate it they still buy it, just because its newer don't make it better.

7. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

If EA could crush a baby and a puppy in to a blender and offer that as a protein smoothie with the game, I'm sure they would.

8. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

i remember trying to play one of the first Wii fifa games online was awful, Id try to play my cousin and sometimes 1 out of nearly 3 games we would be able to finish, every other time it would kick us off before or mid game, we checked our net connections and it wasn't that.

9. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

As far as the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are concerned - the game changes massively each year. Only people who don't play regularly say that 'the only difference is roster updates'. I play fifa at least a few hours a week year round and the improvements that have been made since I started playing regularly (Fifa 08) are remarkable.

I don't buy every CoD because quite a few of them only really change the maps and refresh the story. That isn't what happens with Fifa, I assure you guys, you would know if you played regularly! I've never bought a Fifa installment and felt ripped off, whereas I feel ripped off pretty much every time I purchase a call of duty of game.