1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding December 2012 Bit-tech Modding Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 18 Dec 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I know it'll sound like I'm trolling, and I really do appreciate the incredible work Fuganater has pulled off on his TJ11 but I can't look at the final result without it making me mad.

So much great technique, skill and wonderful design choices went into the build - only for it all to be tainted by gluing on completely superfluous cog wheels following the "More cog wheels = more steampunk" ethos.

IMO they're the 'bling too far' that turns the build from being near perfect into the steampunk equivalent of a gypsy wedding.

They're the dinner table sized rear spoiler on a 1.2L hatchback, the over plump injected lips of a WAG wannabe, the crystal encrusted iPhone case...

Sometimes you just have to say "Enough's enough"

Sorry.

walle likes this.
  3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I don't mind them to be honest but having worked on a TJ11 myself, I can appreciate why he felt the need to add something there. It's such a huge area (the side panel) that it looks wrong without any details. Quite what I'd have put there I'm not sure though!

4. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Thnks for mentioning me :D!

5. mikkig

mikkig Big Giant Robot

6. GotMod?

GotMod? What's a Dremel?

Great index update! Thanks for putting me in ))

7. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

I love k.3nny's mod, with the hard acrylic tubing filled with the white coolant, I almost expect someone to flip the switch and have those tubes light up like the flourescent lights they remind me of....Great work

8. Petrol head

Petrol head What's a Dremel?

Lol what a great video. Get's the point across.

Why not make the gears move. Car radio CD motor would run off the 3 volt rail with a resister. Compared to most builds it would be relatively inexpensive?

9. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

haha thanks for the feature !

Tags: Add Tags