1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod Of The Year 2012

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 23 Dec 2012.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Such an incredible array of amazing cases this year, good thing I have 5 votes, but they're still not enough.

The best of luck to all entrants :)

2. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

Thank U for the Nomination such a great honor to stand next to u all with my Silencio 550 ^^.

What a great way to start Christmas. Good luck to U all may the best mod/Scratch build win. :D

3. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Wow! The competition came a long way from the "hobby level" to the "hardcore professional level" of this year!

4. GotMod?

GotMod? What's a Dremel?

100% pure awesomeness!! Congrats to all the nominees!!

5. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

I'd like to thank the Bit-Tech staff and all the other modders for the nomination! Good Luck to everyone in this years competition!

6. twister7800gtx

twister7800gtx Minimodder

Thanks bit-tech! so much for the nomination!

7. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Nice touch allowing five votes, some of these mods not seen before, impressed by twister and others. Very high quality this year, especially among the scratch builds.

8. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

Thank you so Much Bit-Tech and Members for Nominating my Mass Effect 3 Mod. Huge Honor. And also i wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. And yes Very tough competition. I love every single build and many are good friends.

Good Luck guys and Take Care All.

Mybadomen

9. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Nice projects all It's hard to narrow down my favorites but my vote is in. Good luck all!.

10. dmcgrath

dmcgrath Master of Pancakes

Wow, happy and humbled to see my mod in there! Thanks guys. Good luck and happy holidays to us all.

11. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I'm very proud, once again, to be part of this great competition. :clap:

This year, the standard of work is simply outstanding. I wish all the nominees the best of luck. :dremel:

Edit: By the way, take the time to have a look at the project logs for the nominees you are interested in. This will give you a better idea of what was involved in making the various projects. To make the process quicker, you can view in author mode.

In my case, have a look here for more photo's. :)

Last edited: 25 Dec 2012
  12. guvnar

guvnar What's a Dremel?

Astonishing standard this year. So much has been said by many others and I won't say who I voted for but honestly there's one stand out for me. If that one wins it the others can all say that second place was the best in the world as one was built by someone clearly out of this world!
    Without giving anything away I can only say COOOORRRRR!

13. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

mh, i did not find it that hard. almost all projects are great, but i've kinda gotten used to a high quality from bit-tech (in modding at least), thus im not impressed that easily anymore.

my clear winner is cor leonis and i believe that needs no explaining.

2nd, 3rd and 4th would be a tough one for me.
    - tenius: such simplicity, less is more. it looks so understated. brilliant.
    - green water of class: while i find this con much better without lighting, it is so creative and such a inspirational casecon. i am so bored of the same casemods doing the same stuff all over. i love how he used glass, the glass itself, it is marvelous! what comes to mind is maybe some special mention, as the most creative mod/con maybe!
    - l3p-l4n: well, kinda like attila, no need for a lot of explanation. he ticks all the boxes. practicality, build quality, awesomeness, individuality, sexy looks.

and finally, again quite clear (to me) is 5th: twister mod 8.0.0.D.
    it is a mod like many one could say, however the visual effect is just mindblasting, i can't exactly pin-point what, but it's got 'it'. maybe it's just 'magic'. idk. it just feels so right though.

that being said, all entries do look appealing, so well done to everyone! also a merry christmas to all ;)

to conclude a suggestion:
    how about two moty's? one for casemods, one for casecons? there are plenty of mods, but too few casecons in my opinion - especially creative casecons! like green water of class, who took an approach never seen (as far as i am concerned), which i do love a lot! this should happen more often! maybe a separate moty for casecons could inspire more modders to get creative with materials, shapes, techniques, just generally thinking outside of the box really. or maybe add a special award for just that - to reward people who tried a completely new approach and succeeded (another example would be concretonic: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=188799 - pure awesome!!! ) :) would appreciate that!

14. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

great line up this year, we got the whole range of design on show here, but my overall favorite is Tenuis by Peter Husar, its smooth clean lines and upmarket high end hifi look is simply stunning.

15. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

Voted. Good luck

16. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Thanks for the nomination, has made my christmas day even happier :), Hope everyone has had a great christmas

17. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

They are all amazing.

18. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I tend towards favoring scratch builds myself, but this mod to me is just filled with awesomeness, and I'm not even usually a fan of steampunk in particular. Your steampunk look is themed so very well that it doesn't look just like a mess of gears, etc. that are there for no reason as is the norm with these kind of mods. You got one of my votes.

19. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I should have looked closer and realized that the comments weren't just for one build in particular. There are so many incredible builds this year. I voted for Acronym (incredibly creative and clean build), Blue Horizon (just too well done and smooth), Cor Leonis (very well done as always), Get a Life (such an original concept), and Steampunked. There are others that I would vote for also if I could. I think that voting for up to 5 mods is a much better way to do this and allows for more flexibility. These mods all up the ante when it comes to case modding with a level of perfection that is incredible.

20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@faxiij - That suggestion has been coming up for years now. It will likely never happen now that Dennis took over.:(

Tags: Add Tags