1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dishonored

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monteur, 26 Sep 2012.

1. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Just completed it with a chaos level of 'low'. I might have to go nuts next time around and see how dark I can make Dunwall.

Apart from the lack of stealth powers, and more importantly, non-lethal weapons, I absolutely adored it.

2. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Just getting out of the prison (bought this in the Steam sale). I'm having Half Life tinglings. Seriously.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

I haven't managed to get my Chaos below High since the very start... The melee is too good not to pick a few dozen fights per level! There's actually only been a couple I've left anyone alive on at all. Incredible fun though, will definitely be replaying this for a long time!

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

5. Cleggmeister

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Did the first two major missions, doing the third one right now... So far 4 dead enemies (to be honest, unless they count killed weepers as dead too, then i have no idea who were the 4 who died except the main characters i am supposed to kill :D).

7. freeclout

freeclout What's a Dremel?

Weepers do count towards kills as do any bodies that fall too far, or get eaten by rats or fall in water. Also, you can find ways to not kill any of the characters you are supposed to kill.

8. faugusztin

I know... Still, did it with low chaos rating in 10 hours without any major sidequests done... In the final mission i decided to relax my standards a bit, managed to kill 6 enemies, oh well :D.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

Oh man I've been dumping unconscious bodies over walls the whole game...gonna be an unpleasant ending!

10. Cleggmeister

Well, I've sorted the high overseeing dude and made my way to the "Golden Cat" level. Blimey, the game has only just started. AI seems better, my gung ho approach is lame, and there are the mysterious "assassins" which made me plop in my new chair the first time they came at me.

This is worth the money alone and I'm barely 10% in according to Steam...

Going to play through with no "real" strategy for stealth, already looking forward to replaying the game with different tactics.

As an aside, check out http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Dishonored_Wiki, though bear in mind it contains spoilers...

11. faugusztin

%$^&&$#* rats... Doing the whole game in a no-kill ghost mode, and somehow in the "Golden Cat" level i managed to kill three people... except i didn't kill anyone at all. Now i have to redo the whole thing again.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I finally finished off the game, though will need to try out the other powers as i only really used blink/dark vision and got the wind power later on.
    Trying to remember the controls was enoying- lost too much health in places- need to get used to killing tall boys, usualy find a canister of whale oil and throw it at them.

Will be interesting to see what the game is like with other powers and less killing, as theirs ment to be less infected later on.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

My first playthrough was high chaos and I made the most of it. I then played it through again in low chaos in two evenings just to see the nicer ending (Youtube just didn't feel right). Managed to get through without killing anyone but it must be nigh on impossible to never be detected.

Good game, won't play it again for some time though. One thing that miffed me on the replay was that whilst you can skip most dialogue, some of it you can't. I don't need to hear the same lines again.

14. faugusztin

Not impossible, but hard to do. I am going to redo the Golden Cat mission for 3rd time now, first time i did it without being detected, but killed few bad guys, second time i did it without killing anyone, but got noticed somewhere. It will take me about 45 minutes i guess... Then i can continue, true, i don't know how will i do some of the later parts, especially the final three, as those are next to impossible to do without detection.

15. October

October Mariachi Style

I watched a speed run of the final mission, 3 1/2 minutes start to finish and no detection, I don't even think you could call it cheating it's a very simple way round.

Might start again later today, I approached the whole thing totally differently at the stat before, mostly trying to avoid conflict but failing and then not being very good at fights. Be interesting to see if the first few missions feel/play differently now that I know what I'm doing a bit better.

Also Tallboys are actually really easy, just blink close enough to the actual soldier to get a sword assassination.

16. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

i wish id been a bit more stealthy in my approach theres probably more rats than people in my game now!

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

So, Farcry 3 almost finished, so was a time to start a new game.
    Played first 30 minutes of Dishonoured and looks like I will like this game:)
    I love the graphics - like pastel painted colors.. hmmm.... honey:)
    Tried to do most of it in stealth, but they notice me most of the time and my blade comes to action;)
    So far liking it, nice game, great graphics (at least when looked from far away, close ups look a bit ugly).

18. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Does killing people count towards dark ending?

As - up until mission 7 I had only killed 5 people. Now I am killing all fools - but my overall chaos (if that's what it's called - i'm at work not at home) is still "low" as I'm stealthy like that.

I think I have probably killed 15 odd people by now and I think I'm nearish the end of the 7th level.

19. faugusztin

Only that counts toward the dark ending. 15 is ok'ish. I did the whole game on ghost & shadow (never detected, didn't kill anyone) and right now i run a murder spree with only blink - i kill around 80 enemies per level (yes, in this playthrough i hunt down each and every enemy, and civilians too - i am baaad now).

As you can see, your average 2 or 3 kills per level is really "low" :).

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Wait.. what chaos? What dark ending? I only played till Doctors rat something something and killed almost all people - should I start to change my tactics then?:worried: