1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Should I go LIVE

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 6 Dec 2012.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hello all

I have been thinking about going LiVE for the xbox 360, i have the console but never played multiplayer on any xbox game

You might ask why? Well my current PC setup has been dead for a few weeks and with xmas coming real soon (Merry xmas all) i have no spare cash until february next year to replace it

So to fill my gaming needs i was going to try LIVE with a multiplayer game but wanting some suggestions on what to do.

What is a good multiplayer game? FPS is what i prefer
    Cheapest place to get LIVE, do any of you guys have any unused codes your selling?

Thanks for any input :thumb:

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

If you haven't already if you register an email Addy with Live you get a month free trial. Or you used too.

They also did deals towards the end if you don't buy a sub.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

As Dom said, and yes, definitely go live! You're going to get your ass whupped to start with if you have never played any online 360 games, but jump in anyway. Halo 4 would be my choice probably, if you like FPS games. Its designed from the ground up for the 360, and if earlier versions are anything to go by, has a great multiplayer interface.

4. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Go on ebay and buy a one months sub for a few pounds and try it out?

Don't give microsoft your card details though. It a pain to stop once you do. Prepaids are much easir and generally cheaper.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks guys

Halo 4 going for £25 on amazon, not a bad price

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yes, it's opens up alot of new bits and bobs. Also, it's worth noting alot of games come with a 3 day, and sometimes a months worth of Gold.

Sam

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

cool, going to order Halo 4 i guess

or do i get BF3 or even the dreaded black ops 2 (thats what my friends play)

Need to source a gold code, going to post in wanted section

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Damn Amazon, back up to £35

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Save your cash and fix your PC, games are cheaper and online is free on PC, I keep buying live to play a game now and again ( mostly Forza ) and I never get value out of it. I bought it about 6 years out of the past 9 or 10 years I should of learned my lesson by now. 360 is not my main gaming machine though which probably makes the difference, its just a Forza player :D

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Never fixed PC but bit the bullet and ordered new stuff, building a new PC come monday, Cannot wait to get back into BF3, also got Dishonored and Farcry 3, Yee Haa

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yay, I came from Xbox 360 to pc gaming and I can say whilst I enjoyed playing with a few friends PC gaming has brought even more friends.

I played with RL friends who I bought longer speak to and it was this community that made the amount I spent on my pc worthwhile.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cheers Dom, i have missed gaming since my PC died a few month ago, i am now thinking "what was i thinking about when i was going to go GOLD on xbox?

Nevermind, stuff is coming, if anyone is interested here is a quick list of the spec i went for

On a budget mind

GPU: HIS HD 7950 iceq boost 3gb
    CPU: Intel core i5 3450
    MOBO: Asus P8Z77
    PSU: Be Quiet pure power 530w
    RAM: Corsair vengeance 8gb DDR3
    DRIVE: cheapo DVD RW sata drive
    HDD: 500GB caviar blue (have 3 drives above 500gb in good nick already)

Good enough to get me gaming, see you guys online soon:thumb:

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Yeh whatever you do don't give ms a credit card major pain to stop.

14. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

that is true, took months to stop them trying to take renewal.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Really? I didn't have a problem stopping my Live sub.

16. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Well it takes a phone call with you explicitly asking for the card details to be removed. They don't make the number that easy to find either.
    I've never experienced a queue when calling that number and its 0800 but why couldn't they just let you do it through the console.

17. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Yea get a game card online, 12 Months cards are very cheap online and have the best savings. Xbox allow you to pay with paypal now which is easier to stop as you can remove it via paypal, however when i done this after a few weeks it refused to allow me onto live at all (you can still get online but can only download demos etc).

Games, well most of the big names are good fun, havent played halo 4 but i have had all previous games and they are a blast, Call Of Duty for some quick action, Forza for racing, xcom, LA Noire is an awesome game to play, the facial animations are awesome and its nice to have a game with a unique challenge.

Also GTA V in 2013 :)

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Also if you disable auto-renew and have your card details on there when you use a code to get Live the auto-renew will switch back on.

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I was a right pain to cancel Live back in the day, probably the reason i had it so long after a few failed attempts but the last time I cancelled it wasn't a problem, I was also able to delete card details on the system, which was something impossible in the past.

20. suragh

suragh Derp

If you want cheap sub

Ziip sell 12 months live for £30. (Instant - 15 minute delivery via email)

Do not buy from Game, I tried purchasing from them twice a few days ago and they declined both (without a reason) after 4 hours of waiting for the damn code to be emailed.