1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Post your speedtest.net scores!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [PUNK] crompers, 26 Aug 2009.

1. JamesRC

JamesRC Minimodder

Great customer service, but the speeds could be higher...

[​IMG]

2. fauna

fauna What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    My speed results are given below
    Download speed:0.113 Mbps
    Upload speed :1.287Mbps
    I tired in this site
    How about my results?

3. JTG06

JTG06 What's a Dremel?

I have had BT's Infinity 100Mb service (fibre to the home) for just over 1 year now and was given the option to upgrade if I renewed my contract. My latest SpeedTest is thus:

[​IMG]
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Thank you BT... :clap:

Small admission: The speed is supposed to be 160Mb/s and today is the first day of the upgrade so speeds will fluctuate. I'd be very happy if they stay over 200Mb/s though!

4. littlejames

littlejames What's a Dremel?

WOW :eeek: :eeek:

Thats impressive!

I'm on Virgin fibre and I should be getting ~100Megs, but it fluctiates on a minute by minute basis. Today is a good day :)

[​IMG]

5. JTG06

JTG06 What's a Dremel?

It will come down though - I'll re-post in about a week's time. Other tests today have varied hugely from 110Mb/s to more than 300Mb/s. Upload speeds have been constant though at 20Mb/s.

6. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

BT Infinity Option 2:

[​IMG]

Seems to fluctuate between 71Mbps and 74Mbps but probably due to server / network traffic. Upload seems to have stabled on slightly 17Mbps. Was installed on December 18th and its absolutely fantastic with no downtime whatsoever.

Beats my last package (ADSL) which was BT Total Broadband Option 3 and topped out at around 1.3Mbps download on a very good day and 0.3Mbps upload rate.

Wasn't sure how fast my line would be able to cope as we live quite a distance from the exchange (which the ADSL rate shows all too well) but I needn't have worried!

It is a shame FTTC rollout is slow but steady progress is being made...

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

8. Swanny

Swanny What's a Dremel?

My Results

Bt Infinity unlimited.

cost = to expensive but i love it :D

[​IMG]

9. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

Virgin Media. Upload should be rising to 10Mbs soon with the download getting another bump up to 120Mbs shortly too. My dl speeds were 400Kbs when I 1st got cable installed and dumped my 56Kbs modem all those years ago! lol

[​IMG]

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think something might be up with my connection, :D

[​IMG]

11. Kodongo

Kodongo What's a Dremel?

Today I finally upgraded to PlusNet Fibre Broadband from Sky Broadband. These are the results:

[​IMG]

Sky Broadband was £15 a month (£10 for the service + £5 for not using SkyTalk :miffed:)

The fact that they had the temerity to charge me £5 for not using a service of theirs forced my hand to move.

PlusNet Fibre is £20 a month and I get unlimited everything with no throttling and no limits. 6x faster download speeds and >20x faster upload speeds for an extra fiver!

I'm so stoked! :rock: :rock: :rock:

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'm going to have to pursuade my Dad to upgrade ours to fibre. Only a fiver a month extra for 40Mb unlimited (what I assume is infinity re-branded for talktalk).

13. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Or down in this case lol

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Infinity is just BT retails name for their FTTC package, its the most advertised so everyone associates FTTC as being Infinity- its not.

The most popular providers are BT/SKY/PlusNet as they offer unlimited- the rest all have usage limits.

15. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Isn't the FTTC stuff all BT's equipment though? That's what I meant by infinity, just other companies re-selling BTs FTTC service.

TalkTalk say they give Unlimited download, with fair usage policy, but there's still no mention of an actual limit in that. And I don't download enough to reach any fair usage, I've hit 100GB in a month and not been throttled. I've actually been really pleased with TalkTalk so far. Not really noticed much in the way of traffic shaping, and it's been a pretty solid connection.

17. mpe91

mpe91 Wait... Wha...?

Superfast broadband they told us. Upto 60Mb/s they told us...
    [​IMG]

18. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Exactly right - I have FTTC through ADSL24 but Openreach installed it. I do have a Peak download limit but its unlimited Off-Peak & I've never noticed any traffic shaping either...

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Its Openreach's equipment and they provide the FTTC service which is mostly sold by BT wholesale, only Sky and TalkTalk have their own GEA links in the exchanges at current.
    Not really seen that many users on TT, its mainly BT retail's Infinity,Sky or Plus Net FTTC packages.

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Finally in and i'm able to use it, Upto 100mb, with the upgrade to 120mb, and i get this:

[​IMG]

Sam