1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The E75 is essentially a Tiger 2 on steroids with all of that historical vehicles quirks fixed. If the Germans had actually managed to put the E75 into mass production then :jawdrop:

I'd sincerely recommend getting a Spall Liner on it too. A Spall Liner is pretty much essential for all T9 or T10 German heavy tanks as their the slowest and largest of all nations so are priority targets for lazy arty players.

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Don't get too distracted by the millions of different tank types you can try to start with. I'd recommend trying either the German medium tank tree first as it has the best all-round low tier vehicles in it.

Also, don't just run around the maps like you're playing a FPS. World of Tanks is more of a hybrid FPS/tactical and requires real team play/good tactics to win.

Also, a lot of us are in the DoW clan, so feel free to add us on your friends list to platoon up if we're online at the same time. My ingame nic is lizardgun.

3. Risky

Risky Modder

My advice is to take your time at the lower tiers as if you continuously sell and ugrade you're always playing with a underpowered tank/crew. Alos there is a reserach advantage in sticking to one country as modules will be shared between different tanks.

4. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

That would have not ended well for the opposition :p

I agree. I played the German medium line until the Panther II, and when I started the heavy line at the Tiger, I had most modules researched or even some in my depot. Same for the Russian medium and TD line...

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I would not recommend spending too much time in the lower tiers, you should learn as fast as you unlock really.

You don't get to see how the better players play as often in the lower tiers, so you keep bad habits that you should shed as you progress. I would charge up one line (med german is a good shout) and but keep playing around tier 4 with your remaining tanks to practice what you've learnt.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

What do you guys think is the best bet for a premium tank?

Need to fund my E75 operating costs and other purchase desires!

I was thinking the super pershing as it's £21.60 in the gift shop now. Don't want a Low or a TD and it seems a good price as prem tanks go.

7. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Super Pershing is good fun and earns decent credits; Well worth the price i would say...It is very very slow though.
    By the way...fail MM
    [​IMG]

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

^^ matches like that annoy me alot, those scouts should be in different games.
    you just know that somewhere another game just started with 4/5 arty a side and no scouts at all

9. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

And my tank was to slow to keep up with all the racing cars. They might not have been able to penetrate me, but i never really got to participate in any battle :(
    I had another one of these MM in my Tiger. Really weird...

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Anyone else watched this?

I'm watching it now.

11. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm not getting a lt of game time at the moment but I'm debating whether to buy some cut-price 105mm HEAT for the M4 Sherman while they're on sale.

Does take away from my funds for the (unlocked) T49, though.

12. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Spend all your cash on the shells. When they go back up in price sell them back for 0 loss if you need to.

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

In the end, I went for the T34 and after 4 days I am still really struggling with its play style.

Having mainly played german tanks, I am finding a combination of it's terribly weak hull, slow speed, slow aim time, slow RPM, and slow turret travese to be a real problem.

I find it a very situational tank, if you can get good positioning where you can go hull down and keep the ememy at medium distence it's fine. However, with so many IS3s and other fast, hard hitting tier 8 mediums running about, all to often its weaknesses are very easy to exploit.

It does do stunning damage and pen when you hit, often bashing through the frontal armour of other tanks but I find this still does not compensate for the many other issues.

I might ask customer support if I can swap it out for a Lowe and pay the difference in gold.

Out of interest, I made a number comparison sheet for 3 tier 8 premiums (Lowe, T34 and T26E4) :
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5962/wotpremtankcomp.jpg

Sarakon likes this.
  14. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

The lowe has poor hull armour and poor traverse too but much better view range. I'm pretty sure its slower except downhill. They're both easily circle jerkable by a light.

Thought about a KV5? From what I understand the tier 7 russian TD has an obscene DPM.

I use the T34 with a GLD, vert stab and rammer. It is pretty awful but the money is quite good. Hull down behind a wreck is a good tactic, if its small enough you can use it as a mobile barracade!

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

KV-5 is no longer in the store, nor the type-59.

indeed, hull down mid range fire support is very good but even with the gun rammer, vert stab and gld it's still painfully slow rpm. it's a real problem on such a slow tank.

16. j.col

j.col Minimodder

I bought a T34 last week when they were on offer, and I actually think its pretty good. But I have gone the USA heavy tree, so I put my T29 crew in it, they are 100% trained with BIA and 90% trained on second skill.
    Also have stabilizer, rammer and elgd on it so I have reload in 12.6 secs iirc.
    Make an average of 70k profit every game, but maybe its just that I am used to USA heavy and long reloaders like the 122mm on the kv-1s etc...

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The average profit of the T34 is higher than the Type 59 but it cost more in the first place (irrelevant now the Type 59 isn't available).

What is the average profit of the the other premium tanks? Is there a comparison chart anywhere?

18. j.col

j.col Minimodder

how about this?
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/173167-tank-profitability-average-net-income-for-all-tanks-in-game/

it does seem to me to be a bit wrong, as in my T29 i can make decent money (with prem account) only gets 2193 but i know i het way more that that as an average

i came up against the super pershing in my T34 last night and he pwned me :blush:
    i bounced 2 shells off his front from 20m for 0 damage.
    looked at his stats, he is slow but has 178mm of sloped armour at front :eeek:
    which is more that a Tiger II
    but then the gun is not the best.
    all prem tanks have good and bad points, just go with the one that suits your style

Last edited: 9 Jan 2013
  19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Cheers for that, useful information. Interesting that the NET income of the Type 59 is still up there but I would expect that given how many of them are still around and the fact that the ammo is cheaper than on tanks such as the T34. I don't think many people have sold them. I expect the newer premium tanks to slowly move up that list as the total number in the game slowly increases.

I avoid the Super Pershing hull armour, it is very bouncy (like the Type 59 used to be) and I can see it being progressively nerfed over time (just like the Type 59 has been). Eventually it will be too painful to play, people will stop buying it and WOT will release another T8 premium medium to make profit on. I think there are weak spots on the front hull but I can't remember atm.

I do constantly aim for the Super Pershing turret though, it seems get it's gun damaged easily which nullifies it enough to get it in the side/rear. hitting the turret does requrie an accurate gun though which I don't think the T34 has. The side/rear hull armour is very thin...(hint).

20. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

The Super Pershing has a machine gun port in the front hull. Very easy to pen. And then there is the commanders cupola and just to the right and left of the gun mantle, there are two spots not protected by spaced armor. They are kind of angled and sometimes still bounce the shots.
    Now that gold ammo can be bought for credits they already made the Super Pershing kind of useless. Its strong point is the spaced front and turret armor. Most tier 8 can't pen these. But now anyone sees a Super Pershing, they load gold ammo and riddle it with holes. I have to play a lot more careful with it now than before.

[EDIT] Also I ran Into another Super Pershing and he had no idea what he was doing. Just randomly shooting at my front plate, while I managed to completely destroy him.
    On the other hand I also ran into a Super Pershing driver that knew exactly what he was doing. I could not even hit his weak-spots. Just before I shot, he always managed to just move and make the shell hit the spaced armor. You really need to learn how to drive one, just like any other tank i guess :thumb:

Last edited: 10 Jan 2013