1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Phobya Case Design Competition - Final Voting Round

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Apr 2011.

?

Which is the best water-cooled case design?

Poll closed 2 May 2011.
  1. Proteus by mick64

88 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Phobya Gladio by Razer2007

29 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. II by Roboduck

29 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Black Owl by SnowyOwl

93 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Someone squeezed a Mac Pro in a vice? :lol:

J/K! I'd certainly consider one if I could spec a WCing kit to fit exactly (only thing that puts me off now is stuff might not fit properly), but needs more fan-filters though?

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I think that looks awesome!

It'd be nice if they also offered a version with a plain front though, for some of us sleek types.. Just don't cut the holes and offer that straight up for the same price as the holed one..

Looks like a very modable case though.

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Amazing, just like the original design! :thumb:
    I especially like the fact that they tried to stay close to Snowy's design.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

This looks good, considering they stayed with Snowy's design. It does lack options tho and can only host a single 360 radiator, which is a little bit weak these days.

5. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

This looks ****ing stunning.

6. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

I'm glad they stuck with Snowy's design. Its a custom looking case for the mass market and I love it! Congrats to Snowy!

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I like the styling but I'm assuming that's not the finished article...

No CPU cutout, no fan filters, HDD vibration dampening, power switch?

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

What do you mean with only one radiator? You can stick one in the top, hang on on the backside and a 360 in the bottom. How much options do you want? I have only one thing though. The 'pop' rivets on the drive cages and 360 cage should be replaced with screws. So people can strip te case with ease, if they want to. Looking at the images, it looks like a first prototype from factory. There are a lot of scratches on the metal. Some rivets or not completly through either.

9. SnowyOwl

SnowyOwl What's a Dremel?

Thank you all for your comments.....I'm glad too they really made a great job on the styling part. Thanks to the Phobya team for this great opportunity....it's like a dream come through...from my screen to reality.

10. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

As stated in the article this case is the Alpha, it will be VERY rough around the edges and unfinished / anodised its is simply for checking any mounting issues etc

The next stage will be the Beta addressing known issues with the case and looking at refining it with the anti vibration screws / filters etc. At this point reviewers like bit-tech will get the chance to review it and put forward improvements.

11. Chanc3

Chanc3 What's a Dremel?

BlackOwl looks quality! Love what has been done with the cable management and the HDDs

12. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

For a case with this size, the TJ07 is the state of the art currently when it comes to options.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm with mankz on this one. As much as I love the shape and WCing abilities, its a little too holey for my taste right now.

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Awww, Yeah! :D and the best part is it's all aluminum.
    +1 on what Mankz said. A short run of "blank canvas" cases might not be very profitable, but i guarantee we would gobble them up. I know what I want next year for Christmas.

15. subtec

subtec drawing boxes

Grats Snowy... I had my doubts this would ever get produced, but here it is. Aside from all the exterior screws and some changes to the vents, it looks very close to your original design.

16. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

It looks bloody awful.

17. faceplant

faceplant What's a Dremel?

NOTE: I am about to take Phobya to the cleaners.......

I'm with the dude above....awful reproduction of the original design, no curves, its like a wheel with no AA.

Looks like cheap....very cheap aluminium, with nasty edges and horrible to touch,

bent metal looks weak re. legs.

no laser etched owl, surely this is a major selling point re. the name

cheap production method used to create holes, no filters, no anti vibration, who uses just 3 hard disks these days, mobo tray looks small with limited cut outs and doesn't look removable.

Looks like a half ass cheap chucked out of a crappy manufacturing plant kinda case.

I think Phobya need to go back and start again and do the designer and his design some justice and actually put some effort into a good looking design.

18. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

One word guys: Prototype ;)

19. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Indeed. Please read the article properly before launching into scathing comments! :) It's a prototype mockup not the finished article by any means, and as such is devoid of many of the bells and whistles of a production case, including a decent finish, filters, anti vibration etc etc. It's purely so we can get an idea of what the case looks like and for Phobya to begin ironing out any issues.

20. Mick64

Mick64 Dream Modeller

Although it's not the finished article, I am pleased (and relieved) to see that Snowy's dream is becoming a reality. I think Phobya have done a pretty good job at keeping to the original design. It's not always easy as production issues can prevent something on paper being made in the real world. I just hope the finished case doesn't take as long as the prototype!

Tags: Add Tags