1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DotA 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Loafers, 15 Aug 2011.

1. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

I have like 7 dota 2 keys to give out, just msg me to get them.

2. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Will definitely give it a shot. Don't have any friends who are into Dota to show me the ropes but i do have (very) limited experience with LoL so i understand the basics. Can see it being a really rewarding game when played at a good standard, just need to get destroyed for a while to get there lol.

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I will take it for my missus is my you don't mind. And if anyone is up for a game let me know steam id: crazyg1zm0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Interesting use of swap. I can see people who use it like this ending up with more deaths than kills which is usually frowned upon in DOTA2. I can't see the community having the foresight to see that you are actually playing on a higher level than them. Which is a shame.

Re: Drow Ranger
    If you change the stats to "This Week" you can see she is still the No. 1 hero in public play since her small nerf.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

A common problem in any ARTS game, really. It's why you don't see many people fighting to play support, it doesn't look cool on the score screen. But it's exactly as you say, only the players under you will think it's bad.

Just take a quick look at the basic layout of the game and it's obvious that someone has to get a negative K/D. In a game where both teams have equal kills, if you have a carry with a positive K/D clearly one of your other heroes is negative. It's part of being support, live when you can but sometimes deaths are unavoidable and your main priority is making sure your team comes out ahead.

6. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

AntiMage, I started playing him more often recently, and just thought I'd share some info on this hero and why he is a top pick in competitive games.

So he is an agility hero, a carry and with one of the best escape and farming mechanisms in the game, blink. It should be obvious why blink is an escape mech, but how on earth does blink help with farming? Read on!

The main reason he is so good in the professional scene of Dota is that he can flash farm up to a full inventory faster than most/any other carry hero in the game. He does this by rushing a battlefury as soon as possible. As soon as he gets his battlefury now his blink comes into its own granting him stupendous farmspeed - unlike other carries who don't have the blink skill, AntiMage can blink around the jungle/ancients/lane and spend a lot more of the time actually hitting creeps, and much less time moving about between camps/lanes etc. Carries without blink simply can't get to as many creeps as he can within the same time period.

So anyway this allows him to farm up top tier items in the midgame onwards, super fast. The reason why AntiMage isn't hands down the best carry, is that he isn't as strong as other carries if they also manage to get a full inventory. A fully stacked Phantom Lancer beats a fully stacked AntiMage easily, same with a Faceless Void and many other heroes.

It's a trade-off, your AntiMage can get superfarmed faster than any other carry, but you must take care not to waste time after that allowing better carries to catch up, you need to push and win at that timing point when you have the advantage.

Just some food for thought :)

7. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Also to add to what hamza_tm says, Magina is also a top tier ****

Edit: C word

8. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Got my key on the weekend and only had a few games but really enjoy this.
    Got my first win this evening Whoop!!

[​IMG]

9. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I have been swamped with keys! Feel free to PM me for one. Anybody tried the most recent character? I havent, might give it a go tomorrow. I have now racked up nearly 170 hours on this game! Its so freckin addictive.

10. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

SO you wana play medusa.

Get your "rice" on. Youll be farming for a while. lol.

Contributes nothing.....nothing early and mid. But get those core items and she is unkillable.

Max Mystic snake first and mana shield. Split shot will push the lane and make it harder to last hit. But one you get to 16 only turn on split shot if you want to push that wave.

Only hero other than SK that a divine rapier is safe on late. (300*.8*5 dmg anyone.....yes you heard me thats 1200 attack dmg covering 5 targets not including any stats or other dmg items.)

So as you can see. Get to late game and single handedly go 5 on 1 and win the game for you team. Up till the 45min tho......hope your teammates dont lose the game going 5 on 4 for 45min.

Mystic snake will let you control the lane, and mana shield shuold mean they cant kill you allowing you to free farm for a long time. remember with the snake that each bounce increases dmg by 25%, so start the snake on creeps and itll deal a nice nuke and mana drain on enemies. the mana which you get back to use more snakes.

All in all a pretty boring hero for 45min. Then going 1 on 5 is fun cause you are unkillable split shot snake ult..................RAMPAGE!

GG

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

For anyone who hasn't heard it yet, the Nature's Prophet announcer is possibly the best thing ever in Dota 2.

"There is less of your ancient now than when I started speaking"

Haven't laughed so hard while losing in a long time.

12. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

I have to disagree and say the Juggernaut announcer is the best for hilarity. "Your top tower is under attack. Run little tower, run."

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yeah, but I love the Bastion announcers voice.

Storm Spirit announcer has to be the most goddam fracking annoying one of the lot.

----------------------------------------

Saw the patch details last night as I was shutting down.
    Drow + Warlock bots!
    Should make for a bit more interesting lineup

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

So I started playing a bit a while back. Shadow Shaman is probably one of the most hilarious supports.

His ult on non-blink champs is just hilarity.

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Another fun thing in the patch notes, Least Played mode! Each player's 20 heroes with the most wins are disabled, forcing players to pick something they aren't as used to. You can also still random.

I can't wait to try it tonight, half of the Intelligence heroes will be banned for me. :D

16. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

That mode sounds amazing omg

Back in original Dota when I was still fresh, it was always a pain playing AP and trying out new stuff because everyone always used their main heroes and you would get owned.

I suppose this is a new compromise for this problem that isn't as extreme and potentially unbalanced as AR. Great idea!

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Sloth you'll love the Agi and Strength heroes then. They're generally easier to use than the Int heroes.

God help anyone when you land PA or Siren. Once you get a Manta Style, GG.

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I've played almost every hero (they keep releasing new ones to ruin that!) to get a taste of everyone, I just prefer the the Int playstyle, lots of cool spells and buttons. But, in the interest of getting better, I've been randoming to get better with heroes I wouldn't willingly pick.

That's why I'm excited for the same reason as hamza. Probably going to take All Pick off the queue and go with this only, then random since it still gives random gold.

19. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

On the topic of dialogue, I felt bad owning as ursa. I got a triple kill and ursa said "your cubs are orphans now"....

Ursa noooo :(

20. Andreas | Brodholm

Andreas | Brodholm Minimodder

I have 8 keys to give. Just give me a pm with your email!