1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Unsure what the problem is help please

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by poollard, 14 Jan 2013.

1. poollard

poollard What's a Dremel?

Hi guys I have just built a new computer for my self as a Christmas present from anyone I well pleased with it exept one problem. It doesn't happen to me when I'm gaming. But when the mrs is using it to play her Facebook games every now and then not all the time the computer will seem to crash and I get a white screen. When this is up I can't do anything but restart the machine. I have a intel i5 3570k a gigabyte z77ds3h mono 8gb corsair dominator ram a amd afox 7850 a corsair gas 700psu and a Samsung 128gb sad with a 3tb hdd aswell all running on windows 8.

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Make sure you have the latest version of flash, and the latest amd drivers.

Im not sure whats going on but this is a good place to start.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Is there anything in the event viewer that might give a description of what's breaking? Not likely to be much help as these things often happen before any errors can be logged, but it's worth a look.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2013
  4. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I'm not sure if you installed the drivers from the MB cd or went to the Manufactures website, but if you did install the CD drivers I would start from there. Also as shirty mentioned update all adobe products and your web browser. Not to mention the Chipset drivers and the rest of the lot.

5. poollard

Just checked all the drivers they were all fully up to date aswell as the adobe products. The event viewer just says the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

6. Restayvien

Restayvien aka [ZiiP] Prometheus

What browser are you using? Try using a different one and see if that makes a difference (unlikey, but worth a shot).

7. poollard

I'm using chrome which has its own java plugin so could be that just downloaded Firefox I shall let you no I it happens again or if it has fixed it

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

facebook games are well known for crashing the browser, usually because they are coded badly for flash player

9. poollard

It's not the browser either. I no they are badly coded but it works fine on my laptop which is no where near as powerful as my pc

10. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

the wife and I have almost identical laptops, she gets loads of crashes on facebook games.
    I say almost identical, they were bought as identical laptops, I've altered mine, by adding an extra 4GB ram changing the HD, swapped dvd writer for Blu-ray writer, and switch the video card from an NVidia gt240m to a radeon mobility hd4670.

I can play the same games with no crashes

11. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Is it an apple. J/K yeah sounds like RAM or browser. Chrome handles each tab as a different process so if it crashes every instance of chrome then it's ram if not it's the browser

12. poollard

Ram should be fine got 8 gb in there and not the browser as she has tryed it with a few and still same problem