1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Best 24" Monitor for under £150?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geoboy333, 9 Jan 2013.

1. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

Hey Guys

Pretty much what the name of the thread says.

Have been doing some window shopping up until this point but was wondering if any of you gentlemen (and ladymen) can point me in the right direction?

Budget is around £150 although might be stretched if justified.

George

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

If it's "best" you want then you need to get a monitor with an IPS panel, and with your budget you're looking at a 23" screen size.

I would recommend the LG IPS234V which is about £120. There's not a huge difference between 23" and 24" unless you want a 1920x1200 resolution (not HD), and these are £200 and above. :thumb:

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

1920x1200 is HD. Its higher than HD. HD is 1920x1080. As the width the same, the video content doesn't even scale. So, 1080p content appears perfectly.

4. kris182

kris182 What's a Dremel?

5. GoodBytes

The ASUS monitor is an average TN panel monitor. It will be worse than the LG monitor in every way. It is even glossy to make things worse.

6. kris182

kris182 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reply.
    I think I'll go for the LG then. The extra inch lost doesn't really make any difference to me and the LG is cheaper. Bonus!

7. GoodBytes

The resolution is the same between the 2 monitors, so you lose nothing. 1080p is best viewed at 23inch monitor in any case. 24inch, you want 1920x1200.

8. poollard

poollard What's a Dremel?

9. GoodBytes

1- It's a TN panel
    2- No review
    3- no DVI cable (they are really that cheap?)
    4- Never heard of this brand
    5- Non adjustable stand
    6- Monitor has no control over colors, you can only switch between pre made profiles
    7- Apparently blues and green are the most inaccurate colors
    8- No HDCP support over DVI (really?, was it that hard? It's the stupidest security system in the world). So any digital content protection system that requires HDCP will not be playable, and you would wonder why they are not playable in your computer, and you'll start digging at the wrong place, thinking its a codec problem or something, when its just your monitor not compliant.

If it was HDCP ready and came with a DVI cable, I would say that MAYBE, it is worth getting for a person that casually use the computer to check his or hers e-mail and do facebook, a few times in the week, who wants, for some reason, a 24inch screen. Nothing serious in term of usage. Maybe you could argue that it's good for a "mom or pop" computer, which does use the computer a lot, but its just e-mail, watching youtube videos, and facebook and the life.

But personally, I would just cash out the 16-20 pounds more, and get a 23inch IPS panel from LG. Like the LG IPS234V-PN

10. poollard

poollard What's a Dremel?

Thankyou for being honest mate :) and ill take your advice :thumb: