1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL If Scotland gain their independance...

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 30 Jan 2013.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I love a deep-fried Mars every once in a while, especially with some pineapple and/or ice cream. One thing I've wanted to try for ages is a Boost, deep fried. I can imagine it'd either taste shite or lovely.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Oh, how I love a king rib. They're really quite disgusting when you think about it, but so delicious!

Deep fried mars and ice cream is amazing. Particularly Mackie's vanilla ice cream. I've also deep fried after eight mints, ferrero rocher, milky way (oh no, what will my fellow bit-techers think of me?!)

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Heh, I've never eaten a deep fried mars bar, despite being about a 10 minute train ride from where they were invented.

Sometimes I feel like Southern Scotland must be the most unhealthy place on the planet, in the north people seem to eat really rather heathily, but as soon as you head down to Glasgow town it's deep fried anus and soggy batter mix.

4. jinq-sea

Ha! There's plenty of good food to be had in southern Scotland too, mind! The reputation rather outweighs the general obesity level...

EDIT: Isn't Stonewall the 'birthplace'?

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

14 out of 16 and one of those wrong was the Jumbo sausage question. Up here you only get one. I was amazed at the chippies in Edinburgh or Glasgow where you get two sausages or a fish supper is 1.5 fish.

I live near Spec and I too have never had a deep fried Mars Bar but the other half used to have a "Pizza Crisp" every day for lunch at school. That is one of those mini frozen cheese and tomato pizza's deep fried. My local chippy does a king rib in a bun. Fully loaded with three slices of plastic cheese, half a tub of mayonnaise and relish it must be near 3000 calories. It tastes glorious though!

6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

There was a time that I would have agreed with you but my stomach just can't handle that level of grease anymore.

Strange that.

I tried a deep fried mars bar once, and it was amazing while I ate it, but then sat there in my stomach for about 2 hours like a lead weight. Never again.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I believe the last bit, but I can't imagine in what way it could be considered nice; nevermind amazing. Maybe it's because I wouldn't bat an eyelid if you said I could never have chocolate again. My wife, on the other hand, might just decide to end it all on being told that; or more likely say "F*** you, try and stop me".

8. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Only 8/16, and I visit Scotland twice a year.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm not a big chocolateist, but the just-right levels of melt and a bit of batter makes it a pretty good eat imo. Wouldn't be bothered for a pizza or similar though, best way to spoil real food.

10. jinq-sea

I just enjoy deep frying things, just to see what they're like. I've got thrice-cooked chips down to a fine art... :D

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Link is not working for me- anyone else having problems?

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Stonehaven. It's 15.6 miles from my front door to the birthplace of that thing.

Scottish food can be weird. They do these things called butteries up here, from what I can tell it's basically what you'd get if you added a few kg of salt and some extra butter to a croissant pastry mix, got it, put it on the seat next to you on a bus, a fat builder sat on it, and then you put more butter on it once he got up, and eat it.

I'd say they're nasty things, but I kind of take it as a point of pride that I've been in this strange city for almost 5 years and never touched one.

13. Mikee

Mikee What's a Dremel?

You've lived in Aberdeen for 5 years and never had a rowie? :eeek:

They taste better than they look and if you get them fresh from the oven mmmmmmmmmmm :thumb: Just forget the fact that if you put them in a paper bag it'll turn transparent almost instantly....

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Proudly, no.

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Man, butteries are awesome. Unless you're on some sort of low-fat diet, of course. Try one, you might like it!

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

No can do. 5 years is too long. I like these sorts of achievements. It'd be like living in Paris for 5 years and not getting a rude waiter, or living in London for 5 years and not seeing the colour grey ever. Once you get so far into these things, you feel you have to go on even if you do feel like some grey, or a waiter who'll tell you that you're ugly and you made the worst combination of choices on the menu (in nasty Parisian French)

Last edited: 30 Jan 2013
  17. Mikee

Mikee What's a Dremel?

I admire your commitment!

It's probably good for your health too :D

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Let them have independence!

19. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

Scotland isn't FREE??

20. Nealieboyee