1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What is your favourite level/mission from any game, ever?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 3 Jan 2013.

1. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

UT:GOTY Edition - Deck_16 and DM_Morpheus levels. Many, many hours have been poured into these levels.
    CoD2 - Stalingrad storyline and the DDay landings bit.
    Night Highway and Big Snowman courses in Snowboard Kids - me and my friends played this game a silly amount when we were younger.
    THPS3 - Canada, it's just a great level, one of the best of the series.

2. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

In the most recently patched version of the game, they ditched the parody name and voice overs. Replaced them with generic voice files already in the game and called them 'movie star' or something similar when you hovered over them with the cursor. Loved that level as well, if not a little dragged out.

For me more recently it has to be the last level from Portal 2, it's fantastic. SPPAAAAAAACE.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Just read the reddit thread, and they've upvoted to the top one that didn't even occur to me - the milkman level from psychonauts. Can't believe psychonauts hasn't come up already, that one and the Critic fight were fantastic :clap:

Manhunt also has a couple of great levels, with really weird set pieces. The zoo sticks in my memory, sure there are more but I haven't played it for years. Oh, and the subway level with the soldiers.

4. velo

velo What's a Dremel?

Virmire: Assault from Mass Effect. Kirrahe's speech, beautiful setting, lots of opportunities to go astray, and finally the big reveal at the end. All good fun.

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Every minute spent playing Beneath a Steel Sky...
    Man, I feel old.

I also loved pretty much every minute of the entire Mass Effect series. The end missions of course were tense and brilliant, and out of the DLCs I think the Shadowbroker mission was epic and also Leviathan for its underwater suspense.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

That's because you'd just get in the Blackhawk and air-rape everyone until the cows came home.. :lol:

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

My problem with that is the sneaky buggers who use tank to snipe the MCOM crates. If the MCOM can't be destroyed by tanks 100 miles away, then Arica would be my 2nd favourite level in BFBC2.

lol, yep, you got to love air-raping with the Blackhawk. :lol:

AT4, love that weapon. I spend 100% of my defending time on that level with AT4 waiting for choppers. :D

Isla Inocentes would also be great if it has 5 stages and last stage is better designed.

Just thought of another game/level: :idea:

Deus Ex original, first level on Statue of Liberty level. I'm sure everyone has replayed this many many times. :D

8. Adamski

Adamski What's a Dremel?

'All Ghillied Up' from COD 4 or 'Vendetta' from COD: World at War

9. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Crysis - all of it before the anti-gravity.
    Last Ninja on C64 - 1st Level (well all of them) graphics were amazing for the time (and the music).
    COD2 - still play this now - Stalingrad is tops.
    Thief: The Dark Project - Every level

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I forgot how rape the AT4 was..

They really need something like it in BF4 again.. a weapon where learning to use it / skill leads to a more powerful blast.

11. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Think i may replay HL2 tonight. Miss a good bit of action.

12. jake91

jake91 What's a Dremel?

Gotta be MGS3 sniper level, played it over and over again

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Has to be either cod 4 flash back, mgs end, hell city in bullfrog syndicate, skidoo island in canon fodder,

Nothings gonna beat docking without crashing in elite for achievement tho

14. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

GOW2 - Inside the worm: Fantastic level, VERY well thought out and executed
    Crysis Warhead - Riding the train till the endgame
    Final Fanasy 8: The satisfaction of Zell's limit break once you knew all the moves (BOOYA!) Also, all of the FMV scenes where you still had control of you characters. For its day, amazing.
    Manhunt 2 (specifically on the Wii). Doing set piece kills with the wiimote+chuck is THE best use ive ever seen on the wii, VERY VERY immersive.
    Blood - One Whole Unit (Carnival map/game in general) Caleb is timelessly awesome character. "I WANT JOJO!"
    BF1942 for the first time, 64 players, omaha beach
    Blood Bowl (any edition) when you pull a series of events that defy all percentages (including bad ones)
    Dungeon Keeper: The whole concept while playing for the first time