1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Rammer is always a must. I would use optics; very useful on mediums. Then GLD, EGLD or vents.

Repairs first as always. Then switch to BIA+repairs when you're about 120% on all crew. 0-50% goes very quickly on second skills. I think you'll be at the E50 then.

Sixth sense and clutch breaking would be the other candidates. I suppose its BIA vs the other two.....

2. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

:p :naughty:

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Its bad when a black prine finds an arty, its worse when it finds all three! :D

[​IMG]

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

sold the E75 again today, just doesnt seem to work for me at all, didnt like it the first time but everyone was adamant how awesome it apparently is...so i re-purchesed it, and i hate it this time around as well, is gun is medioce its armour is a joke with all the high teir arty around and its to big to hide, to slow to run so its normally an instant death, also it has a HUGE fondness for being ammoracked ( like being hit in the lead drive sproket and ammo rack ) even hit in the headlight thing = ammo rack damage for me ) so i sold it again and apparently its the best teir 9 heavy.... hmmm

N17 dizzi likes this.
  5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I used to like it but I haven't played it for ages now, I agree with your sentiments though, it can't really compete except in certain matchmaking and map situations, mostly it just gets raped by higher powered guns and arty now.

I know a lot of people don't like them but I prefer my IS-8, I drive it just like the IS-3 and it is just as much fun imho. It also seems to have kinder matchmaking than the E-75 as well.

6. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

I am glad I am not alone here. First tier9 didn't like it sold it no regrets.

7. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I like the IS-8 to. Crappy armour but fairly fast and a superb gun.

8. j.col

j.col Minimodder

Whats the KV-4 like?
    I currently have the KV-4, Pershing, Vk4502A unlocked, so not sure which one to buy,
    i may just go for the Pershing, as i really enjoyed the T-20 and it will be my first tier VIII medium, or the KV-4 lol

I already have the IS-3, Tiger II, T32 & T34

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I think after the IS-3, Tiger II, T32 and T34 the KV-4 will be disappointing. Whilst it's top gun is a beast for a Tier 8 (107 mm ZiS-24, 320/320/420 HP, 227/289/62 mm penetration, 1,010 credit cost, 5.26 r/m), it is slow and has an appalling traverse speed and the turret traverse is really bad - meaning that you will be raped by the "circle of death" if you aren't careful. It's armour is great for a Tier 8 (188mm front hull & turret) but you are an arty magnet being so slow.

I don't fear the KV-4 in any tier tbh...

However, it is the only route to the IS-4 (via the ST-I) so I think for this reason is worth it.

10. j.col

j.col Minimodder

thanks fingers
    one last question, what is the IS-8 like?, as i am only 20k xp away from unlocking it, and i might just go that way first before i buy even more tier 8s

11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

If you like the IS-3 and do well in it, I think you will like the IS-8. You just have to remember that it is not as well armoured as the other Tier 9 and 10 tanks you will be facing but it is very mobile (for a Tier 9 heavy) so you have to use the mobility to avoid getting hit. The gun is great.

I enjoy the IS-8 but I know a lot of people who hate it.

j.col likes this.
  12. J0k

J0k What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, a few of the ZiiP members started playing too, loving it so far!

I noticed how hard it can be at the start with new tanks :(

All good once they rank up a tad though

I'm Morphine04 on there - hope to see you on the field :rock:

13. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

BTW guys, the Dogs of War clan as was has split into two. DoW was a clan that a good number of us are in, but had become focused on clan wars and tank companies, which is great if you like the regimented structure and have the commitment.

For the rest of us, we've decided to mutually move to a new clan which is focused on the community aspect, playing platoons primarily, and having a laugh on our Mumble server. We also have a few of us playing other games including Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander and Killing Floor, but we're pretty open, and more of a gaming community, rather than a pure WoT clan.

Anyway, the clan's name is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, run by the members, for the members. It's pretty empty at the moment as our cool-off periods after leaving DoW haven't expired yet, but we hope to have a reasonable community of 10-20 to start with and will be reasonably open to new players who've made at least a reasonable start to the game.

14. j.col

j.col Minimodder

Too true, most tanks are like that, eg. i hated the T20 at first, but once elited its just pure fun to play, especially with a 100% trained crew.
    I always keep an eye out.

@Marvin, hope the new clan does well, i am in a similar clan over ay OcUK, we mainly play for fun in companies and toons, so there is none of the pressure of clan wars.
    I personally prefer clans like this, more than the serious ones.

15. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

The clan wars are pretty amazing though. Creates a very new dynamic.

16. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Thanks for the info Marvin. I had wondered what's been going on, as I'm one of the newer DOW members and haven't played that many games with the clan. I'm even saving up to re-buy the IS-4 as a couple of the guys asked me to for CW's.

Now though I'm not so sure because I've always been more of a casual player...

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

well without going into to much politics and stuff, some members felt there was a little to much pressure to play teirX and get a clan wars line up, ( hence the split ) so if clan wars doesnt appeal to you in anyway at all, then by all means your welcome to join the GBU clan with myself, marvin and co. the move benifits both clans as the DOW isnt full of people with little to no interest in clanwars, and can expand, and the GBU ends up being much more laid back, with no pressure to play and grind for certain tanks, or fit certain playstyles etc

it will be down to the individual players as to who ends up where, and by no means is your chosen clan your fixed position ( you can switch between clans as you see fit ) and good relations between the clans will be upheld ( aka there is no hostilities between the 2 groups ) and your welcome to join Tank companies / platoons in either Clan

still lots of stuff to sort out in relation to the move, like mumble / teamspeak and such

and by no means should there be any pressure to join / stay with either clan, it will be a personal choice, and the folks in both clans will respect that choice

18. Risky

Risky Modder

I've researched my first Tier 6 (M18 Hellcat) but won't be buying it for now as I want to save cash for the next equipment sale. I'm alos hoping to get some of the tier 6 on offer at some point.

The Tech tree was looking like http://www.veryrisky.plus.com/veryrisky/webimages/research_tree.jpg on Monday and at current rate should unlock most of them other than the arty in the next week or so.

19. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Currently I am making quite a bit of time for DOW so I am sticking in there, I have started trying to learn how to command the TC rounds as well which is harder than it sounds.

However if I need to slow down its REALLY nice to know that Marvin, 23ro, Lizard etc will be there for casual play.

And just to point out, that currently there is no reason to drop out of DOW because we've not hit saturation point, its only a way of saying "Clan Wars does NOT interest me", which is fine by all of us.

20. j.col

j.col Minimodder

The hellcat is really fun to play especially once u unlock the best gun. :D
    But remember, your armour is made of paper, and your turret turns like its stuck in glue, so be carefull in it. ;)